- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 24 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- News Mamata asks Hemant Soren to campaign for her in WB polls; JMM to decide on it
- Sports India finish with 10 medals including one gold at Boxam International
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active has been unveiled in the global markets. The 2021 EcoSport Activa is a more rugged and off-road inspired version of the standard compact-SUV currently on sale.
The new SUV now joins other international models from the brand's lineup to receive the ‘Active' suffix. Other models also include the popular Fiesta and Focus hatchbacks. The ‘Active' suffix from Ford on their models designates the crossover variants with slightly raised ride heights.
Apart from the slightly increased ground clearance, the new Ford EcoSport Active also comes with a host of other visual changes, updates and enhancements, giving it a more tougher and rugged look.
These changes include black-cladding all around the wheel arches and the front/rear bumpers, exclusive 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, ‘Active' badging on the sides and a host of other blacked-out elements such as the ORVMs, front grille and the roof.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active is based on the higher-spec variants from the SUV's standard lineup. Hence, the new EcoSport Active carries forward a host of features, equipment and tech as well. These include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Ford's SYNC3 technology, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The SUV also comes with automatic headlamps, cruise control and reverse parking camera.
Ford will also be offering the new EcoSport Active with a unique pattern on the seat upholstery with contrast stitching. There will also be an ‘Active X' accessory pack which further adds a host of equipment including a Bang & Olufsen sound system, keyless entry and advanced driver assistance system; among a host of others.
Apart from the cosmetic and slight design changes though, the 2021 Ford EcoSport Active remains unchanged mechanically. In the global market, the new Ford EcoSport Active continues to be available with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine producing 125bhp and 200Nm of peak torque, with a six-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active
The Ford EcoSport Active will definitely be a great addition to the Indian market,better equipped to take on the newer rivals in the segment. However, there is currently no word on the brand bringing the Active-version of the SUV to Indian shores anytime soon.