- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active has been unveiled in the global markets. The 2021 EcoSport Activa is a more rugged and off-road inspired version of the standard compact-SUV currently on sale.
The new SUV now joins other international models from the brand's lineup to receive the ‘Active' suffix. Other models also include the popular Fiesta and Focus hatchbacks. The ‘Active' suffix from Ford on their models designates the crossover variants with slightly raised ride heights.
Apart from the slightly increased ground clearance, the new Ford EcoSport Active also comes with a host of other visual changes, updates and enhancements, giving it a more tougher and rugged look.
These changes include black-cladding all around the wheel arches and the front/rear bumpers, exclusive 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, ‘Active' badging on the sides and a host of other blacked-out elements such as the ORVMs, front grille and the roof.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active is based on the higher-spec variants from the SUV's standard lineup. Hence, the new EcoSport Active carries forward a host of features, equipment and tech as well. These include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Ford's SYNC3 technology, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The SUV also comes with automatic headlamps, cruise control and reverse parking camera.
Ford will also be offering the new EcoSport Active with a unique pattern on the seat upholstery with contrast stitching. There will also be an ‘Active X' accessory pack which further adds a host of equipment including a Bang & Olufsen sound system, keyless entry and advanced driver assistance system; among a host of others.
Apart from the cosmetic and slight design changes though, the 2021 Ford EcoSport Active remains unchanged mechanically. In the global market, the new Ford EcoSport Active continues to be available with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine producing 125bhp and 200Nm of peak torque, with a six-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport Active
The Ford EcoSport Active will definitely be a great addition to the Indian market,better equipped to take on the newer rivals in the segment. However, there is currently no word on the brand bringing the Active-version of the SUV to Indian shores anytime soon.