- 12 min ago New Toyota-Maruti Suzuki SUV Coming Soon: To Rival The Hyundai Creta & Kia Seltos
- 14 hrs ago KTM Bicycles Launched In India By AlphaVector: Prices Start At Rs 30,000
- 15 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- 15 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Movies Tenet Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- News Just before rituals, Lucknow police stop inter-faith marriage
- Technology Realme Buds Air 2 Gets FCC Certification Hinting Imminent Launch
- Lifestyle Sonakshi Sinha Is A Vision In Sheer White Crop Top And Bodycon Skirt, Details And Price Inside!
- Education AYUSH Counselling Result 2020: Check AYUSH NEET UG Counselling 2020 Result Link
- Finance S&P Dow Jones Indices To Launch Index For Cryptocurrency In 2021
- Sports Rangers 3-2 Standard Liege: Gerrard's men hit back to book last-32 spot
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
American automobile manufacturer, Ford Motors, has discontinued the EcoSport's 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbo-petrol engine. The engine was available with the top-of-the-line EcoSport S variant.
The Ford EcoSport was offered with two petrol engine options - a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 121bhp of power & 150Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre EcoBoost turbo-petrol engine that produces 124bhp of power and 170Nm of torque.
Transmission options for the 1.5-litre engine include a five-speed manual and a six-speed automatic. The 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine however, arrived only with a six-speed manual.
Speculation is that the Ford EcoSport S models will now feature Mahindra's soon-to-be launched 1.2-litre turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine, and will also feature the 1.2-litre 1.2-litre MPFI turbo engine that is featured on the XUV300. The engine produces 113bhp of power and 200Nm of torque.
Ford has announced earlier that they will continue to sell diesel models of their vehicles, and will upgrade all their engines to meet BS6 requirements. The EcoSport will continue to be available with the 1.5-litre diesel engines, albeit in their BS6 avatars.
The current-generation Ford EcoSport models are priced between Rs 7.91 lakh and Rs 11.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). While we still have to wait for official prices for the BS6 compliant models, we expect them to carry a premium of between Rs 25,000 and Rs 35,000.
In Ford related news, the BS6 model of the Ford Endeavour have been making rounds of the internet. The SUV has been spotted testing multiple time over the last few months.
The latest set of spy pics did not reveal any cosmetic upgrades, and speculation is that that the SUV will arrive only with upgrades made to the engines - a 2.2-litre diesel, and a 3.2-litre diesel. To know more about the Endeavor BS6 models, click here.
Thoughts About Ford Discontinuing The 1.0-litre EcoBoost Turbo-Petrol Engine
They say all good things must come to an end; but there's better coming. The EcoSport will definitely benefit from the more powerful Mahindra engines. Bigger engines mean a significant increase in power and performance number. We expect the Ford EcoSport to sell better once the new engines are available.