- 9 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 9 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Force Motors is getting ready to introduce the new Gurkha off-road SUV in the Indian market. The company has also showcased the new upcoming SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo. The 2020 Gurkha was expected to arrive around this time in the country but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, everything got postponed.
According to a recent report by Autocar India, production for the new Gurkha is yet to begin. However, now the new Gurkha is expected to launch sometime in late October or early November, which is around the festive season. The SUV has also been spotted testing on a number of occasions in the country.
The next-gen Force Gurkha showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo came with a host of new changes over the previous model. On the outside, the Gurkha will be getting a snorkel air intake which will help with water wading, a new grille redesigned headlamp clusters and bumpers at both ends, chunky body cladding and skirts all around the SUV and a new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
On the inside, the off-roader has been heavily updated and now features a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard. It also features a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well. The updated interiors now feel fresh and offer a pleasant cabin feel.
Safety has also gone a motch up in the 2020 Gurkha and it has become much safer as compared to its previous-gen model. The off-road SUV now complies with the new safety norms that came into effect from October 2019. However, reports suggest that the chassis and bodyshell of the new Gurkha have been heavily updated to offer more protection to occupants.
The new Gurkha will be using an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine found on the BS4 models. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine produces 90bhp of power and 200Nm peak of torque. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox and the power is sent to all four wheels. It will also feature manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains.
Thoughts About The New Force Gurkha
The new Force Gurkha looks absolutely amazing. Once launched, the 2020 Force Gurkha, will primarily rival the next-gen Mahindra Thar, which is also supposed to launch this year. However, these off-road SUVs will soon be joined by the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny in the Indian market.