- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The Force Gurkha BS6 was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, where it managed to grab People's attention present at the event. The Gurkha BS6 at the Expo was completely kitted out with a host of accessories that turned heads.
Next to the actual BS6 SUV, the company also parked a modified Gurkha SUV with large wheels. It was there to showcase the Gurkha's modification ability. The buzz around the Force Gurkha was very strong earlier in the year as its primary rival the new-gen Thar was missing at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Fast-forwarding to today, the tables have turned as Mahindra has already launched their new-gen Thar. The new-gen SUV from Mahindra is the talk of the town after its launch in November 2020. However, the buzz around the Gurkha has taken a back step as fans awaited its arrival since the starting of this year.
With only a few days left for the year 2020, it is highly unlikely that Force Motors will launch the all-new Gurkha this year. As a result, the launch has likely been postponed to next year. The updated SUV could arrive sometime early 2021. The company is yet to comment on the Gurkha BS6 launch getting postponed in the country.
Adding to Gurkha's competition, Maruti Suzuki is also expected to launch the three-door Jimny early next year. There is a massive buzz present around the launch of Jimny in India. Both the Thar and the Jimny are getting the attention needed. Whether this will affect sales of the Gurkha when launched remains to be seen.
Speaking about the SUV, the new Gurkha has undergone a complete design revision with new features added inside and out. This includes headlamp clusters, a new grille, redesigned bumpers at both ends along with body cladding and skirts all around the SUV. It also features new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
Interiors of the new SUV has been heavily updated with a host of new features. It receives a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The new Gurkha will be powered by an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that was featured on the previous model. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine will produce 90bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The engine will come mated to a five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
Also, the off-road SUV will continue to feature individual manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains. Unlike the 2020 Thar, the BS6 Gurkha will be offered with a single diesel engine and manual gearbox option.
Thoughts About The Force Gurkha BS6 India Launch Getting Delayed
The Force Gurkha was introduced in February 2020. Since then fans have been waiting for the off-road SUV to go on sale in the market. However, the Gurkha BS6 has failed to arrive at the market in the year 2020. We will have to wait a bit more as it could arrive sometime early next year.