- 14 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 18 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 21 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- News Biden-Harris pay tribute to Americans who lost their lives to COVID-19
- Finance SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank In RBI's Too Big To Fail Lenders List Of 2020
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The Force Gurkha BS6 was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, where it managed to grab People's attention present at the event. The Gurkha BS6 at the Expo was completely kitted out with a host of accessories that turned heads.
Next to the actual BS6 SUV, the company also parked a modified Gurkha SUV with large wheels. It was there to showcase the Gurkha's modification ability. The buzz around the Force Gurkha was very strong earlier in the year as its primary rival the new-gen Thar was missing at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Fast-forwarding to today, the tables have turned as Mahindra has already launched their new-gen Thar. The new-gen SUV from Mahindra is the talk of the town after its launch in November 2020. However, the buzz around the Gurkha has taken a back step as fans awaited its arrival since the starting of this year.
With only a few days left for the year 2020, it is highly unlikely that Force Motors will launch the all-new Gurkha this year. As a result, the launch has likely been postponed to next year. The updated SUV could arrive sometime early 2021. The company is yet to comment on the Gurkha BS6 launch getting postponed in the country.
Adding to Gurkha's competition, Maruti Suzuki is also expected to launch the three-door Jimny early next year. There is a massive buzz present around the launch of Jimny in India. Both the Thar and the Jimny are getting the attention needed. Whether this will affect sales of the Gurkha when launched remains to be seen.
Speaking about the SUV, the new Gurkha has undergone a complete design revision with new features added inside and out. This includes headlamp clusters, a new grille, redesigned bumpers at both ends along with body cladding and skirts all around the SUV. It also features new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
Interiors of the new SUV has been heavily updated with a host of new features. It receives a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The new Gurkha will be powered by an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that was featured on the previous model. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine will produce 90bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The engine will come mated to a five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
Also, the off-road SUV will continue to feature individual manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains. Unlike the 2020 Thar, the BS6 Gurkha will be offered with a single diesel engine and manual gearbox option.
Thoughts About The Force Gurkha BS6 India Launch Getting Delayed
The Force Gurkha was introduced in February 2020. Since then fans have been waiting for the off-road SUV to go on sale in the market. However, the Gurkha BS6 has failed to arrive at the market in the year 2020. We will have to wait a bit more as it could arrive sometime early next year.