- 12 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 12 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The upcoming Auto Expo 2020 is a little over a month away now, and rumor has it that Skoda will showcase five cars at the upcoming Delhi Auto Expo scheduled for February this year.
Mr Zac Hollis, the Director of Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda India announced earlier that the company would launch multiple products as part of their 2.0 Corporate Strategy. Here is what we expect the company to showcase at the event.
The company is expected to showcase their Vision IN Concept as the showstopper at the Auto Expo. The vehicle was codenamed the MQB A0 IN SUV, and was later officially named Vision IN.
The second vehicle that Skoda is expected to showcase at the Auto Expo 2020 is the Karoq SUV. The Karoq will launched via the CBU route and will compete with the likes of the Jeep Compass.
The Karoq will be available with a 1.5-litre petrol engine at launch. The engine produces 146bhp of power and comes mated to a six-speed manual and a seven-speed DCT transmission. The Karoq is expected to be launched in April.
The third car that Skoda will showcase is the Rapid facelift. While most of the changes are subtle, the Rapid facelift will feature a locally manufactured all-new 1.0-litre TSI turbo-charged petrol engine.
The engine will arrive in two states of tuning - 94bhp/ 175Nm of torque, and 113bhp/ 200Nm of torque. Transmission options will include a six-speed manual and a seven-speed DSG automatic.
The fourth car Skoda is planning to showcase is its flagship 2020 Superb executive sedan. The vehicle is expected to be launched during the second quarter of this year.
The all new 2020 Superb is expected to arrive with three engine options - a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine that is coupled with an electric motor, making it a mild-hybrid, and 2.0-litre petrol and diesel options.
And finally, Skoda will showcase and re-launch the Octavia RS 245 model at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020. The model is so popular that last time it was launched it sold out within a week.
The Octavia RS 245 is expected to feature a 2.0-litre turbo-charged TSI four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 245bhp of power. It will be fastest and most expensive car in the Skoda's lineup.
Thoughts About Skoda Showcasing Five Cars At The Delhi Auto Expo 2020
Manufacturers usually showcase more than just one model at any auto event. The idea is to get people excited about vehicles that the company is launching soon. Skoda need this in order to reclaim some of its market share. We expect other manufacturers to showcase multiple models as well.