- 8 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Sports I used to be petrified of bouncers, says Gill after conquering Australian pacers
- News Amit Shah promises infiltrator-free, flood-free Assam, skips CAA
- Movies Varun Dhawan Weds Natasha Dalal: Karan Johar And Manish Malhotra Set To Attend The Ceremony!
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
California based electric car manufacturer, Fisker Inc. unveiled the all-new Fisker Ocean Electric SUV at the (CES) Consumer Electronics Show 2020, and is planning to launch the SUV in India at some point over the next five years.
According to Carandbike, Fisker Inc. plans to launch the Ocean Electric SUV in the United States late next year. This will be followed by a launch across Europe, and in Chinese markets during 2022.
Fisker Inc. will then concentrate on other markets, and one could expect the Ocean Electric SUV to arrive in India at some point during 2023 or early 2024. The company also has plans to assemble the SUV in India - to manufacture for India, and for export from the country.
Mr Henrik Fisker, the Chairman and Chief Executive Office at Fisker Inc. said, "We designed our Fisker Ocean EV to be extremely space efficient, and we can offer lower cost versions that would be very competitive in India, in the mid-market segment."
"Ultimately we may look at local assembly in India to lower cost further. We want to deliver the world's most sustainable premium electric vehicle to Indian consumers through our App. By going directly to our customers we save on costs that we can pass on to our customers," he added.
The Fisker Ocean SUV features a clean, simple, and elegant dashboard that features a large touchscreen infotainment screen in the center. The vehicle also features a digital instrument cluster, and is said to feature a Heads-Up Display as well.
Outside of the regular functions such as navigation and a speed reading that an HUD offers any way, the HUD installed on the Fisker Ocean electric SUV also displays song lyrics when in Karaoke mode.
The to-be-launched-eventually Ocean SUV has a total of nine windows that include a massive sunroof. One of the highlights of Fisker's all-electric is the California Mode that opens all nine windows (including the sunroof, and the rear windscreen) at a push of a button.
The company says that the Fisker Ocean features an 80kWh battery, and offers a range of 300 kilometers over a full charge. In addition, the Ocean electric SUV is capable of nailing the 0 to 100 kilometers per hour mark in three seconds.
Details about power & performance figures, and charging have not been revealed just yet, but Fisker said that The Ocean Electric SUV will be available with a choice of Two-Wheel Drive and Four Wheel Drive.
Prices for the Fisker Ocean Electric SUV start at USD 37,499 (approximately Rs 27.57 lakh) in its United States markets, however the vehicle actually costs USD 29,999 (approximately Rs 21.25 lakh) after tax credits. It is too early to speculate how much the SUV will cost in India.
Fisker has already opened bookings for the Ocean Electric SUV in the US markets, and say that the first lot of cars has been sold out. Bookings are open for a second lot of Ocean SUV's for a refundable amount to USD 250 (approximately Rs 18,000).
Thoughts About The Fisker Ocean Electric SUV Coming To India Eventually
First, we think the Fisker Ocean SUV is just outstanding. While we have limited information at the moment, we're sure the vehicle arrives loaded to the bone with tech and creature comforts. It is a good move to launch the SUV in India after a few years. The Electric Auto Industry is still at its infancy and three, maybe four years from now will a better time to launch the Ocean.