- 41 min ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 3 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- News How to spot a heat stroke; Dos and don'ts during heat wave
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Movies Eid-Ul-Fitr 2020: Dipika Kakar, Sana Khan, Neha Kakkar, And Others Wish Fans Eid Mubarak
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the automobile industry across the globe has taken a bit hit. Manufacturers are slowly and gradually starting to resume their production. However, Jaguar Land Rover's first Range Rover, made under new social distancing measures, drove off the production line at the manufacturing plant in Solihull.
Grant McPherson, Jaguar Land Rover Executive Director, Manufacturing, said, "Seeing the first Range Rover come off our line today is a defining moment for Jaguar Land Rover, for all of us who work for the company and the many businesses in our supply chain. It marks the end of our temporary shutdown and signals the beginning of a return to normality. But, of course, this is a new normal.
"People will be experiencing many emotions, ranging from worry about hygiene to relief at being able to return to work and excitement at seeing colleagues again. The health and wellbeing of our employees has been our primary concern in the build-up to this point. Throughout the coming months, I know that as a team we will do all we can to ‘Stay safe. Be kind. Stay well," he further stated.
Effective social distancing, hygiene and health monitoring measures are in place following an extensive review of all production lines, engineering facilities, office areas and communal spaces as the company starts manufacturing products. Measures also include temperature checks, a 2 metre distance between people wherever possible, Personal Protective Equipment and enhanced cleaning at the plants. Jaguar Land Rover is also offering a reusable face visors made by the company to all its employees.
Steve Iley, Jaguar Land Rover's Chief Medical Officer, said, "We have been going through unprecedented times and my thoughts are with everyone who has been impacted by COVID-19, as well as with the healthcare professionals, whose role fighting coronavirus is appreciated around the world. Clearly the health, safety and wellbeing of the Jaguar Land Rover family is our primary concern. We have developed the most effective protocol and guidelines so that our people feel reassured about coming back to the workplace."
"Our measures are based on extensive medical and operational review, including lessons learned from our teams in China and Slovakia. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, following the guidance of all relevant authorities in the markets in which we operate, and will adapt quickly as that guidance changes," he further added.
Des Quinn, Unite the Union National Officer, commented, "We are satisfied that Jaguar Land Rover has not only implemented government guidance but has gone above and beyond to satisfy and ensure as many safe systems as possible are in place from the minute employees arrive to the minute they leave work."
Thoughts About The First Range Rover Leaving The Production Line Amidst COVID-19
Since the production has started to resume, Jaguar Land Rover is taking extra precautionary steps to keep its employees safe from the COVID-19 crisis while they are working at the plant.