- 10 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 13 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Thalaivi: Kangana Ranaut & Team Pay Tribute To Legend MGR On His 104th Birth Anniversary
- News Tamil Nadu Polls: Rajinikanth's 'Makkal Mandram' office-bearers join DMK
- Sports Public outcry in Greece after Olympic medalist opens up about sexual assault
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Switzerland based company, ABB in association with BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) and EV Motors India Pvt. Ltd. (EVM) has installed Delhi's first public DC fast charger that seamlessly integrates via a smartphone application to offer services.
The DC fast charger is located in Patparganj, Delhi and has been branded ‘PlugNgo'. It employs a Central Management System (CMS) that will help to oversee operations of the EV charger and provide on-site and on-demand customer support.
Depending on the make and model, electric vehicles can be fully charged between 45 and 90 minutes. According to the company, the charging stations under PlugNgo in Delhi can cater to the charging requirements of 15 to 18 cars per day.
The DC fast charger is equipped with two types of chargers - DC 50 kW with three guns which can charge Hyundai Kona, MG ZS EV & Tata Nexon, and DC 30 kW with 2 Guns (Both GB/T) which can charge Mahindra e-Verito & Tata Tigor. Two electric vehicles can be charged simultaneously from each charger.
CP Vyas, President, Electrification business, ABB India, said, "We are privileged to be a partner in India's quest for sustainable mobility with clean energy and smart solutions. This installation with BYPL and EV Motors India, our first Public DC fast charger in Delhi, will provide further impetus to the adoption of clean electric transportation in India."
Vinit Bansal, Managing Director, EV Motors India, said, "We are delighted to partner with BYPL to launch our first jointly managed EV charging infrastructure. Mobility is going through a global transformation as we build solutions to improve air quality, make clean energy more accessible and reduce fossil fuel dependence. Through this association, we look forward to transforming the mobility landscape in the capital, thereby accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles."
The EV charger at the outlet is integrated into a PlugNgo mobile application that enables end consumers to locate and operate chargers. The application is available for both Android & iOS devices.
Customer can charge and pay from their phone via a QR code. Additionally, they can use the application to locate charger, know the type of connector, and status of chargers in terms of availability and navigation. Users can also Start/Stop charging operation, remotely. The company will provide complete information about charging history and payment history as well.
Thoughts About The First Public DC Fast Charger Installed In Delhi With Smartphone Integration
The demand for electric vehicles is increasing at a very rapid pace in the Indian market. However, the infrastructure to support the increasing number of electric vehicles such as public charging stations and battery swapping stations are still being developed. But with the first public charging station installed in Delhi, living with an electric car in the country's capital has become a lot easier.