- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Technology Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini To Reach Distributors On October 5 Ahead Of Launch
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways recently issued a circular, according to which all vehicles with an invalid or non-functional FASTag will have to pay double the toll fee. This double toll charge was previously only for those vehicles which entered the FASTag lane, without the RFID sticker.
The notification issued by the Ministry stated, "User of the vehicle not fitted with FASTag or vehicle without valid, functional FASTag entering into 'FASTag lane' of the toll plazas shall pay a fee equivalent to two times of the fee applicable to that category of vehicles."
FASTag was made mandatory on all vehicles in India from the 15th of December, 2019. Till date, authorities are said to have distributed over 1.68 crore FASTags across the country.
FASTag allows travellers on the highway to pay the toll fees electronically, without the need to exchange physical cash. The tag uses an RFID sticker positioned at the centre of the front windscreen. This tag is directly linked to your account, with the exact toll amount being directly deducted upon crossing a toll plaza.
The electronic toll payment eases the process of toll collection, while also reducing the waiting time of motorists at the toll plazas on highways. The FASTag sticker also eliminates any and all physical contact as well - something of extreme significance in post-COVID-19 normalcy.
FASTags can be purchased at a number of approved places, including certain banks, toll plazas and other places. The installation and usage of FASTag are extremely simple and can be done with just a few easy steps — here is everything you need to know.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic in the country, the government had discontinued the collection of toll amounts across India during the initial lockdown period. However, the ministry recently announced that toll plazas will resume toll collection with the easing of the lockdown regulations.
Thoughts About FASTag Toll Fee Doubled For Violators
The doubling of the toll fee for invalid or non-functional FASTag users will be a major step forward to ensure all vehicle owners get the RFID stickers installed. Also, now with social distancing being the norm going forward, the use of electronic toll payment seems to be the best option.