- 2 hrs ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 5 hrs ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- 16 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- News BSF finds two Pakistani boats abandoned in 'Harami Nala' area
- Sports Major fire breakout at the house of Sreesanth at Kochi
- Movies Prabhas: I Don't Know If There Will Be Baahubali - 3
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 3: Rakul Preet Sizzles In A Metallic Silver Look
- Technology YouTube Announces To Remove Private Messages Feature After September 18
- Finance 8 Key Economic Reforms Brought About By Arun Jaitley During His Tenure
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
While travelling National Highways, we often come across a number of toll plazas. Have you ever seen a board which reads 'FASTag' above one of the toll booths, allowing cars to pass by without stopping? Well, those cars which use FASTag.
FASTag is a rechargeable tag which allows tolls to automatically deduct the set toll charges for the vehicle, without having to stop for any cash transactions. The tag uses Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is fixed on the vehicle's windscreen. We can start using the tag after linking our account to it.
Toll payments through the RFID Tag will be deducted from the linked prepaid account. The FASTag is valid for a period of five-years after purchase. It can be used nationwide wherever Electronic Toll Collection Services are available.
How To Get FASTag?
FASTag can be bought and activated at any one of the Point Of Sale (POS) locations. This includes either the toll plazas or an issuer agency. Customers can download the application form online and submit the required documents.
Documents Required For FASTag Activation:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- One passport size photograph of the owner
- KYC Document as per category of vehicle owner (Individual or Corporate)
- Address and ID Proof: Any one of the following (Driving licence, Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN or Voter ID)
What Are The Benefits Of FASTag?
There are many benefits of having a FASTag while travelling on the highway. Some of them include:
- Ease of Payment - No need to carry cash while passing through tolls
- Near non-stop movement of vehicles across the toll plazas
- Online recharging - customers can use their credit/debit card or net banking to top-up the tags
- SMS alerts for all toll transactions, low balance etc
- Incentives - customers can avail 10 percent cash back on all toll payments
- Web Portal for Customers
How To Recharge FASTag?
Customers can recharge their FASTag either by cheque or online using their Credit Cards, Debit Cards, NEFT, RTGS or Net Banking.
Customers can recharge anywhere between Rs 100 to Rs 1 lakh at a single time. Each issuing agency might have their own way of allowing you to recharge. Customers can recharge through the steps mentioned by their issuer agency.
How To Use FASTag At The Toll Plaza?
The tags can be fixed on to the front windscreen of the vehicle. Whenever passing through a FASTag enabled toll booth, the RFID technology will electronically deduct the appropriate toll charges automatically. The amount will get deducted only after the vehicle has passed through the toll plaza.
Customers need to keep sufficient funds in the account, which has been linked to their FASTag accounts.
How To Check The Balance On The FASTag?
On purchasing a FASTag, customers can check the balance on the website of the issuer agency. Customers will also get SMS alerts after every toll transaction on the registered mobile numbers.
How To Block The FASTag?
Customers can call up the customer care number of their issuer agency and block their FASTag accounts.
What To Do If FASTag Is Lost?
Customers can call up the issuer agency and block the old FASTag account. On creation of a new account, the balance from the old account can be transferred to the new one.
Can One FASTag Be Used On Two Vehicles?
No. Customers will need to have separate accounts for each of their vehicles.
Thoughts On The RFID FASTag
The FASTag has been implemented by Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) and National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), along with certain select banks.
The usage of FASTag is currently voluntary, however, they may be made compulsory in the future. The FASTag program is currently present in over 240 tolls across the country.