- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) announced to set up a new Global Digital Hub in Hyderabad. The company has decided to invest USD 150 million for the development of the facility in Indian. According to the company, the new Global Hub will be its largest Digital Hub outside of North America and EMEA.
The company also states that the new Global Digital Hub will create nearly 1,000 new jobs in the country by the end of 2021. It also plans to increase hiring over the next two to three years as well.
The newly recruited employees will work on exciting new products and concepts from the future of mobility at FCA. The new Global Digital Hub in Hyderabad marks FCA's continued commitment to tap into India's world-class digital and IT talent.
The Global Digital Hub will focus on building strategic competencies in niche technology areas such as connected vehicle programs, artificial intelligence, data accelerators, and cloud technologies, among others.
The company has a joint venture vehicle and powertrain manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra. The company's engineering and product development operations are located in Pune and Chennai.
FCA India manufactures the Jeep Compass in Ranjangaon and exports the SUV to 13 international right-hand drive markets, including Japan and Australia. The company is gearing up to launch several new and exciting products in 2021 in the country.
Mamatha Chamarthi, CIO, FCA, North America and the Asia Pacific, said, "In the digital era, data is the new currency. Our goal is to build an innovation powerhouse that harnesses the intelligence enabled by data to build exciting new products and services to deliver at the speed of our customers' expectations."
He further added, "One of the key objectives of FCA ICT India is to digitalize every aspect of FCA's automotive operations globally and within India, and to shift from legacy to digital through the adoption of emerging technologies. We are fostering a strong, global culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to promote agility at scale, and drive customer-centricity."
Karim Lalani, Director and Head of FCA ICT India, said, "We are working closely with strategic technology partners to accelerate our talent and competency ramp-up at FCA ICT India. We are also aggressively hiring, and the response has been overwhelming. I am excited to see the new ideas and technologies our talented engineers and data scientists will develop for our customers."
He further added, "We foresee our Global Digital Hub driving innovation in multiple areas, including customer safety, connected mobility and digital showroom experience. We are excited to build a truly pioneering, global digital hub that will strengthen FCA's position as a global mobility leader."
Dr Partha Datta, President and Managing Director, FCA India, said, "The $150 million investment to set up a Global Digital Hub in Hyderabad, Telangana cements our continued commitment to India and our customers. FCA ICT India will be our technology backbone that will not only help us develop products for future mobility but will also sharpen our efforts to enhance customer-centricity. This is a significant step forward in realizing our vision to make our Indian operations more capable to develop digitally-driven products and technologies locally for India and also for the world."
Thoughts About FCA Setting Up Global Digital Hub In Hyderabad
FCA plans to set up a Global Digital Hub in Hyderabad to help develop new technologies for the brand. The company also aims to create new employment opportunities with new facility development in the country. These new technologies will be featured on products introduced on a global scale.