- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- News Coronavirus: India records 15,144 new cases in last 24 hours
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Delhi will receive over 200 EV charging and battery swapping stations across the city very soon. All government agencies in the city are currently said to be carrying out a comprehensive planning exercise to identify locations for the public charging stations.
Agencies like the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, New Delhi Municipal Council, Delhi Development Authority, Public Works Department, Transport Department, Delhi Transport Corporation, DSIIDC and others are working together to find possible locations within their jurisdiction.
The city's government agencies rolled out a new Delhi EV Policy 2020 last month. This new policy has laid special emphasis on rolling out public charging stations across the country at a faster rate. The Policy also states that the accelerated rollout of the charging stations will further enable rapid adoption of electric vehicles in the country's capital.
An official release stated that the decision to set up the 200 new EV charging stations was made during the first meeting of the Charging Infrastructure Working Group of the Delhi Government, under the chairmanship of Jasmine Shah.
Jasmine Shah, Vice-Chairperson, DDC, stated,
"Delhi government will soon be rolling out financial incentives promised under the EV policy. By creating a Charging Infrastructure Working Group, the Delhi government has brought on board all the different agencies and DISCOMs of Delhi to initiate work on the accelerated rollout of charging infrastructure in a collaborative manner."
"This is critical to realizing CM Arvind Kejriwal''s vision of making Delhi the EV capital of India and among the top cities globally in terms of EV penetration."
Also, as part of the decisions taken during the meeting, the agencies agreed that they will concentrate on setting up a large number of standard slow-charging stations across the city (3.3kW each), along with a limited number of fast-chargers (15kW each).
It was also decided that the two and three-wheeler segment will get priority for mass adoption of EVs. Apart from the charging stations, the agency will also set up battery swapping stations on priority as well.
In addition to the large public EV charging stations, there will also be charging facilities set up at places like malls, office complexes, hotels, educational institutions, hospitals and other such restricted public spaces as well.
Thoughts On Delhi Receiving 200 New EV Charging Stations
The electric vehicle segment in India is growing at a steady pace, with more and more vehicles from different manufacturers being introduced consistently. To support the adoption of EV in India, the Delhi government has taken a good step, which will help boost the segment.