- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Discovery Inc. owned Eurosport, a pan-European television sports network, has signed a content partnership deal with Torque Esports in order to its broadcast its ground-breaking All-Stars esports racing championship.
Created by Torque Esports, The Race All-Star Series - Fully Charged by ROKiT Phones will now be televised by Eurosport across 150 countries via multiple channels including cable TV, satellite TV, IPTV, and will be simulcast over the Internet.
The new deal follows the recent announcement of Torque's partnership with Disney owned ESPN. In addition, Torque Esports has other content partnerships making the All-Stars esports events available to over 610 million homes.
Torque Esports created the All-Star series after major international motorsport events including Formula 1, IndyCar, NASCAR, Formula E, among others, were cancelled or postponed.
The televised events will feature the world's top professional racers battling top international virtual racers or gamers. Each of the 80+ weekly competitors will race from their own homes and will connect virtually using the rFactor 2 racing platform.
The All-Star series also features the Legends Trophy event, which brings together Racing stars from yesteryear including ex-Formula 1 World Champions Emerson Fittipaldi, Jacques Villeneuve, and Jenson Button.
Darren Cox, the President and Chief Executive Officer at Torque Esports siad, "We're thrilled to welcome Eurosport as one of our broadcast partners. Having live coverage, direct into European homes is a great step forward for the All-Star Series. We had a fantastic reaction to our initial ESPN broadcasts and we're thrilled to expand our live television reach throughout Europe."
"Our esports series is just going from strength to strength; new commercial partners in ROKiT Phones, television networks like ESPN and Eurosport, millions of impressions on social media, and more and more drivers wanting to take part. The series has given both Torque Esports in particular and esports racing, in general, a massive boost, and we're looking to expand on that further in the months ahead," he added.
The expanded television audience has enabled Torque Esports to provide more value for the brand's corporate partners. All-Star Series title partner, ROKiT, said that they were overwhelmed to see a major increase in viewership. They also added that they were ‘pleased' to be the title partner with the quality of the driver line-ups, the action-packed format, and new global broadcast partners.
Jonathan Kendrick, Chairman and Co-Founder of ROKiT Phones said, "Whilst real-world racing continues to be suspended, the All-Star Cup has proven to be an outstanding way for ROKiT Phones to engage with new and existing motorsport fans in an authentic and innovative way."
The final round of the first installment of The Race All-Star Series - Fully Charged by ROKiT Phones will begin at 9:30 pm IST | 5:00 pm UK | 6:00 pm Europe | 12 noon US Eastern | 9:00 am US Pacific this Saturday. Series two will start on 1 May with a five-race championship.
The championship prizes include a full-day's test in a Formula 1 team's simulator for the best performing gamer, and a US$30,000 donation to the favorite charity of the top professional real-world racer.
Thoughts About Eurosport Partnering With Torque Esports To Broadcasts All-Stars Esports Racing Championship
This is fantastic news. Fans of multiple motor sports will be able to actively participate in races - something that hasn't been done before. The Eurosport-Torque Esports partnership brings millions of fans and enthusiasts together, all at the same time. Brilliant!