- 12 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 20 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- News Indian economy estimated to contract by 9.6% in 2020, grow at 7.3% in 2021: UN
- Sports Wade dropped from Australia Test squad for South Africa tour
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 26 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Have An Argument During Task; Rakhi-Rubina Lock Horns
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Sonalika Tractors has introduced India's first field-ready electric tractor, called Tiger Electric. The new Sonalika Tiger electric tractor is said to be priced at Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The electric tractor is said to be designed in Europe and developed and manufactured in India.
Sonalika Group has announced the start of bookings for the Tiger electric. Customers can make the bookings for the electric tractor at all company dealerships across India. Deliveries for the same is said to begin soon.
The Tiger electric tractor is said to be powered by a 25.5kW naturally-cooling compact battery, which is said to be IP67-compliant. The electric powertrain on the Sonalika Tiger electric is said to offer a top speed of 24.9km/h. The battery pack also ensures there is 100% torque at all times, ensuring faster pick-up under any loading conditions.
The electric tractor will come with a home-charger unit, capable of charging the batteries in 10 hours. However, the company states that the Tiger electric also comes with fast-charging, reducing charging times by half. Sonalika Tractors also claim that the Tiger electric offers 8 hours of battery backup when operating a 2-tonne trolley.
The company also claims that the electric tractor has been built keeping in mind the comfort of farmers. There is no heat being transferred due to the lack of an engine; this along with the lesser number of moving parts help significantly reduce vibrations. This further translates to improved work efficiency and zero maintenance costs.
The introduction of India's first field-ready electric tractor showcases the brand's commitment towards a greener future. The development of the electric tractor in India also falls in line with the government's 'Make-in-India' initiative, along with its ambitious goal of shifting to EVs by 2030.
Thoughts On The Sonalika Tiger Electric Tractor
The Tiger electric tractor is the country's first electric field-ready model to go on sale. It offers impressive stats, which could attract a lot of target customers to shift to EV.