- 5 min ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- 1 hr ago Simple Energy Electric Scooter India Launch On August 15: Price Start At Rs 1.1lakh
- 3 hrs ago CFMoto 650MT BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Adventure Motorcycle Pre-Bookings Begin
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- News Black fungus notified as disease in Haryana
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Movies International Day Of Families: Celebs Say Life Is All About Loving Family
- Finance 2 Investments That Can Give Better Returns Than Fixed Deposits
- Sports 'IPL can't be compared with PSL, no T20 league in the world can match it,' reckons Wahab Riaz
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- Education BITS Pilani Postpones BITSAT 2021 Exam And Extends Application Last Date
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Sonalika Tractors has introduced India's first field-ready electric tractor, called Tiger Electric. The new Sonalika Tiger electric tractor is said to be priced at Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The electric tractor is said to be designed in Europe and developed and manufactured in India.
Sonalika Group has announced the start of bookings for the Tiger electric. Customers can make the bookings for the electric tractor at all company dealerships across India. Deliveries for the same is said to begin soon.
The Tiger electric tractor is said to be powered by a 25.5kW naturally-cooling compact battery, which is said to be IP67-compliant. The electric powertrain on the Sonalika Tiger electric is said to offer a top speed of 24.9km/h. The battery pack also ensures there is 100% torque at all times, ensuring faster pick-up under any loading conditions.
The electric tractor will come with a home-charger unit, capable of charging the batteries in 10 hours. However, the company states that the Tiger electric also comes with fast-charging, reducing charging times by half. Sonalika Tractors also claim that the Tiger electric offers 8 hours of battery backup when operating a 2-tonne trolley.
The company also claims that the electric tractor has been built keeping in mind the comfort of farmers. There is no heat being transferred due to the lack of an engine; this along with the lesser number of moving parts help significantly reduce vibrations. This further translates to improved work efficiency and zero maintenance costs.
The introduction of India's first field-ready electric tractor showcases the brand's commitment towards a greener future. The development of the electric tractor in India also falls in line with the government's 'Make-in-India' initiative, along with its ambitious goal of shifting to EVs by 2030.
Thoughts On The Sonalika Tiger Electric Tractor
The Tiger electric tractor is the country's first electric field-ready model to go on sale. It offers impressive stats, which could attract a lot of target customers to shift to EV.