- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Sports T20 World Cup should not be postponed in haste: Misbah-ul-Haq
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Droom has announced a doorstep vehicle maintenance service in India. Called the 'Jumpstart', the service will cater to all two-wheeler and four-wheeler vehicles. The service is being offered in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Most vehicles have been parked for over 40 days due to the extended nation-wide lockdown because of the Coronavirus outbreak. The vehicles may refuse to start or move when kept immobile for a long time due to several reasons. These include a dead battery, a leak in the fuel pump, an ignition issue, and flat tires; among others.
As a result, Droom has announced a doorstep service to address these issues and help its customers to tackle vehicle maintenance. The services include jump-starting of vehicles along with tire maintenance, and a thorough inspection of critical functions, engine oil and other fluids and perishables in a vehicle.
Apart from the main Jumpstart and critical maintenance service, users can also avail many more add-on services such as towing, flat tire repair, pressure water cleaning, and full top-up of oil, lubricant, and coolant; among others.
Users can avail the service by visiting the Droom's website or download a smartphone application available for both iOS and Android. Once you choose a platform, users have to select the type of vehicle, mention the location, select the main service, and any add-on services if required. They can choose a time slot as per their convenience and confirm the payment or choose to pay later.
Once the service has been ordered, Droom then assigns an ‘eco-ninja' or technician to carry-out vehicle maintenance. The technician will also issue an ECO jump start report to the respective customer once the servicing process is completed. Users can also ask the technician to perform any of the additional services and add them to their existing package at the time of service as well.
Speaking about the Jumpstart initiative, Sandeep Aggarwal, Founder & CEO, Droom, said, "In the wake of an extended lockdown, anywhere between 5 to 25 million vehicles in India might not start or move. Eco has come a long way from offering any vehicle's inspection anywhere since 2016 to complete vehicle certification, large automobile fleet health and safety to the recent launch of Germ Shield, antimicrobial treatment for automobiles and facilities."
He further added, "We leverage IoT, AI, cloud infrastructure, mapping technologies for field operations to fully mobile technology-driven workflow management for standard service delivery. To serve our customers better, we launched Germ Shield in March and will continue to launch more such unique services in the times to come."
Prices for the Jumpstart service vary depending on the type of vehicle as well. The service cost for a scooter or a bike is priced at Rs 499, while getting a Superbike serviced will cost Rs 699. The service costs for a hatchback, sedan, and SUV are Rs 999, Rs 1299, and Rs 1599, respectively.
Apart from Individual owners, the Jumpstart service is also offered to fleet companies, RWAs, hospitals, logistics providers, private, and public bus owners, hotels that offer commute, garages, and dealerships. Currently, Droom has thousands of eco technicians who provide this service in various cities across India.
Thoughts About The Droom Jumpstart Doorstep Vehicle Service
India is gradually restarting as the nation-wide lockdown has been eased recently. With most companies resuming operations, the Droom Jumpstart will especially come in handy for working professionals who are looking to get their vehicles serviced. With the partial-movement, a doorstep service like this is what one would need to look after their parked vehicles.