- 23 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Movies Salman Khan Says Drugs Angle In Radhe Was Shot Before B-Town Drug Probe; 'I've Always Been Against Drugs'
- News Why has the Lankan MP’s links to Kasargod come under the ambit of the Indian agencies
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Dilip Chhabria, the founder of DC Design studio has been arrested by the Mumbai Police. The Crime Investigation Unit of the Mumbai Crime Branch arrested Chhabria, after a case of cheating and forgery was filed against him.
The police department also seized his DC Avanti which now has been parked at the police impound yard in Mumbai. As per reports, Dilip Chhabria has been booked under Sections 420, 465,467,468, 471, 170 (B) and 34 under the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
However, the exact details of the case are yet to be disclosed by the police. Reports state that a complaint was filed against Chhabria 10 days back, with the arrest and the seizing of his car, being a direct result of that complaint.
DC2 as it is currently called is one of India's biggest car modification studios. Previously called DC Designs, the automotive design studio offers a wide range of car modifications, conversion kits and styling changes to a number of cars in the Indian market.
Over the years, the design studio has also modified and converted cars for many high-profile customers including Bollywood actors Hrithik Roshan and Madhuri Dixit. However, the design studio exploded into the scene when they launched the DC Avanti - said to be India's first sports car.
The DC Avanti sports car was powered by a 2.0-litre engine borrowed from Honda. The engine produced 250bhp of power output and was mated to a manual gearbox. DC even announced its successor, the TCA which was showcased at the Auto Expo. However, the DC TCA plan was put on hold indefinitely later.
DC2 also provides interior lounge kits for a number of models in the Indian market. This includes Mahindra XUV500, Renault Dusters and the most popular Toyota Innova Crysta. Recently, DC2 even unveiled lounge conversion kits for the premium Kia Carnival MPV as well.
Thoughts On Dilip Chhabria Being Arrested
There is little to no details currently as to the main reason for Dilip Chhabria's arrest. The Mumbai police are yet to release an official statement, mentioning the details of the complaint and the case registered. So stay tuned as we will update you on the same as and when updates are released.