- 14 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 14 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi & Taapsee Pannu To Play Double Roles In Their Next?
- Sports Muguruza overcomes Azarenka to set up Halep semifinal in Rome
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 was launched at the 2020 Auto Expo at a price tag of Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Skoda had also confirmed that the Octavia RS 245 will be limited to just 200 units in the Indian market.
Sometime back, the Skoda Octavia RS 245 started to arrive at dealerships across the country. Now, according to a picture shared on the Team-BHP forum, the first Skoda Octavia RS 245 is said to have been delivered in Goa and is finished in Race Blue.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 has been imported into the Indian market via the (CBU) Completely Built Unit route. As far as the styling is concerned, the heavily performance-oriented version of the Octavia sedan comes with subtle yet tasteful changes and updates.
On the outside, the RS 245 features larger air intakes at the front, a sportier front bumper, a large air diffuser at the rear, 18-inch alloy wheels, lower ground clearance, and the RS badging placed at various positions across the car.
The interiors of the car feature an all-black cabin, a flat-bottom steering wheel, a virtual-cockpit instrument cluster, an updated infotainment system, sporty seats, and a chunky gear selector with the RS badge on it.
Mechanically, the Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The unit produces 242bhp of power and 370Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission and features paddle shifters. Skoda claims that the Octavia RS 245 can perform a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 6.6 seconds while achieving an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245
The Skoda Octavia RS245 is among the most powerful variants of the sedan, which is now available in the Indian market. It does not have any direct rivals in the segment, but because of its pricing, it goes up against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series and the Jaguar XE in the Indian market.