- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Sports T20 World Cup should not be postponed in haste: Misbah-ul-Haq
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 was launched at the 2020 Auto Expo at a price tag of Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Skoda had also confirmed that the Octavia RS 245 will be limited to just 200 units in the Indian market.
Sometime back, the Skoda Octavia RS 245 started to arrive at dealerships across the country. Now, according to a picture shared on the Team-BHP forum, the first Skoda Octavia RS 245 is said to have been delivered in Goa and is finished in Race Blue.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 has been imported into the Indian market via the (CBU) Completely Built Unit route. As far as the styling is concerned, the heavily performance-oriented version of the Octavia sedan comes with subtle yet tasteful changes and updates.
On the outside, the RS 245 features larger air intakes at the front, a sportier front bumper, a large air diffuser at the rear, 18-inch alloy wheels, lower ground clearance, and the RS badging placed at various positions across the car.
The interiors of the car feature an all-black cabin, a flat-bottom steering wheel, a virtual-cockpit instrument cluster, an updated infotainment system, sporty seats, and a chunky gear selector with the RS badge on it.
Mechanically, the Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The unit produces 242bhp of power and 370Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission and features paddle shifters. Skoda claims that the Octavia RS 245 can perform a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 6.6 seconds while achieving an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245
The Skoda Octavia RS245 is among the most powerful variants of the sedan, which is now available in the Indian market. It does not have any direct rivals in the segment, but because of its pricing, it goes up against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series and the Jaguar XE in the Indian market.