- 51 min ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 1 hr ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 2 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Launches Signa 4825.TK: Largest Tipper Truck In India
- Movies Here’s Why Tollywood Makers Should Opt For OTT Platforms Skipping Conventional Theatrical Release
- News Caught on camera: Advocate Dhavan smokes hookah during virtual hearing, judge issues health advisory
- Sports When MS Dhoni showed faith in non-bowler Robin Uthappa during bowl-out against Pakistan 2007 T20 WC
- Finance SpiceJet's Automated Customer Service And Check-in Available On WhatsApp
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Lifestyle Saif Ali Khan And Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Top Fashion Moments Will Leave You Inspired
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
In what comes as a sign of a revival of the economy, and the Auto industry, the Delhi Transport Department has announced that 23,940 vehicles were registered in the city during the month of June - an increase from the 8,455 vehicles that were registered during May 2020.
The Departments said that the ease of lockdown restrictions were responsible for the increase in the number of two and four-wheelers that were sold and registered.
*Images for representational purposes only.
A Senior Officer at the Delhi Transport Department said, "Registration of vehicles have picked up after 'Unlock 1' was declared, and total registrations witnessed were 23,940 in the month."
The month of June saw 18,741 two-wheelers, and 4,755 four-wheelers registered. In addition, 74 three-wheelers including goods and passenger vehicles, and 280 e-Rickshaws were also registered.
The month of May saw the Transport Department registered 6,711 two-wheelers, 1,650 four-wheelers, and 72 e-rickshaws registered within the national capital.
The Department said that the number of registrations witnessed is far from the number from before the Covid-19 outbreak wherein between 40,000 and 45,000 vehicles were registered every month.
The All India Car Dealers Association however, haven't started celebrating just yet. The Association feels that the Covid-19 pandemic has almost levelled businesses and that the situation will take time to return to normal.
J S Nayol, president of the All India Car Dealers Association, said the COVID-19 pandemic ravaged the business and the situation will take time to return to normal.
Mr J S Nayol, the President at the All India Car Dealers Association said' "People are facing financial hardships, so they are going for used cars instead of new ones. We have demanded the government to give relief from GST so that sales of new cars also picks up."
The Association also added that most of the vehicles that are being bought by citizens fall within the price bracket of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 8 lakh, and that there isn't much demand for above the Rs 10 lakh mark.
Thoughts About The Increase In The Number Of Vehicle Registrations In Delhi
This is great news for the Auto Industry and all the other economies that are associated with it. We think the number of vehicles registered will increase across the nation because most people are now aware of private and personal space. The pandemic has definitely changed the way people travel.