- 36 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 16 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 16 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Technology Samsung To Launch More Flagship Galaxy Fan Edition Phones In Future
- Movies Ram Charan To Play The Lead Role In Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Next?
- Finance Prince Pipes Hits Highest Level Since Listing; Stock Jumps 232% From Its 52-Week Low
- News Farm Bills: Samajwadi Party to protest in Uttar Pradesh against farm and labour reform laws
- Sports Five most expensive right wingers in the world
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
BluSmart Mobility, India's all-electric ride-hailing company has flagged off the country's first all-electric journey by a commercial vehicle, from Delhi to Mumbai. The company aims to cover 1,376 kilometres in six days.
With the all-electric journey, the company aims to showcase that India is ready for EVs, and that interstate travel is possible given that it would take a little more time than the conventional format.
By covering approximately 1376 km from Delhi to Mumbai the company is expected to save 94 kg of CO2 emissions from this trip. This journey will conclude in Mumbai on September 9, 2020, which also happens to be the World EV Day.
Mr Anmol Jaggi, Founder, BluSmart Mobility said, "Our mission is to showcase that India is ready for electric vehicles and this is the right time to make efficient, affordable, intelligent and sustainable transportation mainstream. This journey is a testament to BluSmart's vision of reinventing mobility and transforming Indian cities by providing 100% Electric, sustainable and most reliable mobility solutions. BluSmart has created a revolutionary way of mobility that is responsible for both the environment and the safety of the customers with noiseless, electric, zero-emission rides."
The company will be using a standard-issue Mahindra e-Verito for their all-electric journey. The electric sedan features a three-phase AC induction motor paired to a 21.2kWh Lithium-Ion battery pack.
The electric power unit produces a maximum of 41.5bhp at 4000rpm and a peak torque of 91Nm at 3000rpm. The electric sedan accelerates from 0 to 60kmph in 11.2 seconds and continues to reach an electronically limited top speed of 80kmph.
The Mahindra e-Verito features a maximum certified driving range of up to 181 kilometres in a single charge. It is fast charging enabled and the times are rated at 90 minutes for 0 to 80 per cent charge. While using a standard charger takes 11 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge.
The travel will be seamless for this long-distance trip and utilize both fast-charging stations and slow charging facilities along the way. The electric cab will rely majorly on slow charging from Shops, Restaurants, Motels etc. near the highway. This trip is expected to be a little longer, but exciting, nonetheless.
The journey will end in Mumbai on Sept 9th, 2020 on World EV Day. The journey would be through Neemrana, Kothputli, Jaipur, Pali, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Vapi before reaching Mumbai.
Thoughts About Delhi To Mumbai Journey In Electric Vehicle By BluSmart Mobility
BluSmart Mobility has undertaken an ambitious task to crosse multiple state borders travelling a long journey in an electric vehicle. Electric vehicle travel is often deemed suitable for intracity travels. However, with this journey, the company aims to break this myth. Kudos To BluSmart!