- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Datsun brand has been discontinued in Indonesia as a result of a larger drop in demand and sales. The company had earlier announced that it would discontinue the brand by 2022 across the world in a phased manner.
The Datsun brand was re-launched to the world in 2013 and is currently being sold in various international markets including India, Russia, South Africa; among others. Nissan had relaunched the Datsun to the world first in India with Carlos Ghosn (former CEO Nissan) himself unveiled the Go hatchback at its world premiere in Delhi.
The Datsun brand is being shutdown due to the poor sales of its model across the globe. The three products currently on sale in the Indian market are: the GO (Hatchback), the GO+ (mini-MPV) and the redi-GO (entry-level hatchback). However, none of the vehicles have made an impact on sales numbers registered.
Will the Datsun brand get discontinued in India? Not any time soon. The company is gearing up to launch the all-new facelift version of its entry-level model the redi-GO hatchback. The upcoming facelift model has been spied testing on Indian roads ahead of its launch. The redi-GO facelift model could be the company's last product in the Indian market.
The Datsun redi-Go facelift model will be heavily updated and is expected to feature a lot more equipment as standard and become safer by complying with the new pedestrian safety norms as well. Also, it would feature an updated version of the 800cc and 1.0-litre engines to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms.
Overall, the interiors of the redi-GO facelift model are expected to offer a safer and pleasant feel to the cabin as compared to the outgoing model. The redi-GO facelift when launched will rival over the newly launched rivals in the entry-level hatchback segment the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Maruti Suzuki Alto and the Renault Kwid.
Thoughts About The Datsun Brand Discontinued In Indonesia By Nissan
Nissan is in the middle of a leadership change and is trying to minimize their losses by removing the Datsun brand from the international market. We knew this was coming, however, we never knew it would be so soon. The Datsun brand has spawned some amazing cars over the years, including the 240Z in 1968. The 240Z was an instant hit because it brought the sports car specs to the masses. Whether this will be the end of the road for the Japanese brand remains to be seen.