- 12 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 13 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 13 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 14 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- News Coronavirus cases: India records 329,942 new COVID-19 cases, 3,876 deaths in last 24 hours
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Movies Anita Kanwal Says Replacement Of Artists In COVID-19 Times Could Be Stopped If All The Stars Come Together
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Finance PNB Shares Fall 4% As Bank Fixes QIP Price
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For May 11 Offers Upgrade To Paloma Character
- Sports Injured Wizards All-Star Beal to miss at least two games
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The 43rd edition of the 2021 Dakar Rally will back next year. The upcoming edition of the world's toughest rally will be held between January 3 and 15. Ahead of the race, the organizers have revealed the complete route and stages details of the 2021 Dakar Rally.
The 2021 Dakar participants will be covering a total distance of 7,646KM, out of which about 4,767KM will be the special section. The total race distance has been divided into 12 stages. Also, the total race distance is shorter by 300KM as compared to the 2020 Dakar Rally race map.
The upcoming edition of the Dakar Rally will start on January 3, 2021, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The rally race will conclude in the same city on January 15, 2021, after passing through various areas including the capital of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh. The entire race will be resting for a day during the racing season in Ha'il on January 9, 2021.
A total of 295 vehicles is entering the 2021 Dakar Rally competition across all classes. This is the lowest number of entries in 25 years, which could be due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the world.
The upcoming rally edition will see a total of 501 participants competing in the race, which includes 16 women. The number of women participants has increased by three in the 2021 edition of the Dakar Rally.
In addition to the main race, the 43rd edition of the event will also have a competition called the Dakar Classic. In parallel to the main race, the cars and trucks that participated before the 2000s will be appearing in the race, making a comeback.
The 2021 Dakar will have 108 motorbikes, 21 quads, 124 cars and SSVs and 42 trucks, which are expected in the upcoming season. Additionally, 26 vehicles have been entered for the new "Dakar Classic" category.
Based on the route and stages announced for the upcoming rally, the Stage 4 will be the longest stage of the rally between Wadi Ad-Dawasir and Riyadh. The said stage will cover a distance of 813KM, out of which 337KM will be the special section.
On the other hand, the 11th stage will also be the hardest, as it has the longest competitive special stage of 511KM out of the total 557KM. While the shortest special stage will be on the final stage of the competition held between Yanbu and Jeddah.
To keep participants, teams and others safe during the race, there will be new COVID-19 pandemic protocols for the 43rd edition of the Dakar. This includes several PCR tests before arriving in Saudi Arabia and a 48-hour quarantine upon arrival. Additionally, the bivouacs will follow social distancing measures throughout the racing season.
Indian two-wheeler manufacturers such as Hero MotoCorp and TVS-Sherco Racing will be entering the upcoming edition of the world's toughest rally. Participants from Indian in the 2021 Dakar rally includes the country's Ace rally rider C.S. Santosh racing for Hero Motorsport and Harith Noah racing for TVS Sherco Rally racing team. Both riders will be joined by Ashish Raorane who will be making his debut participating as a privateer and competing in the Malle Moto category.
Some changes have been made to ensure the safekeeping of racers during the event. This is done by installing a device to their vehicle that will sound out an audio alert to warn them when they are reaching a dangerous section of a stage. This has been done across all categories in the event. Additionally, airbag jackets will be made mandatory for all participants to increase safety, especially for motorcycle riders.
Thoughts About The 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed
The 43rd edition of the Dakar Rally will continue its season in Saudi Arabia with 12 stages of the toughest off-road rally in the world. The upcoming season of the rally race will have less number of participants due to the ongoing pandemic. However, with new rules, the 2021 Dakar Rally will be much safer for the participants.