- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Citroen is all set to enter the Indian market next year. The French carmaker has already confirmed that the C5 Aircross SUV will be their first product for the Indian market. Apart from that the company also has three other models planned over the course of the next three years.
Ahead of the brand's first product arrival, Team-BHP has released images of an upcoming Citroen showroom in India. The new Citroen dealership is said to be situated in the Naraina area of Delhi and will be one of the first showrooms of the French brand in the country.
The company was already supposed to have started its India operations by now. However, the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown delayed its plans, with the company now looking at mid-2021 to enter the Indian market.
Talking about the brand's first product the C5 Aircross, the SUV measures 4500mm in length, 1840mm in width and 1670mm in height. The SUV also has a wheelbase of 2730mm and a ground clearance of 230mm.
This puts the Citroen C5 Aircross in the competitive mid-size SUV segment of the Indian market. The C5 Aircross will rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.
The new Citroen C5 Aircross once introduced in India is said to be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 178bhp. There will also be a 1.5-litre petrol churning out 128bhp of max power on offer on the C5 Aircross as well.
Both engines are said to come mated to either a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with automatic transmission units offered as optional with both engines.
Apart from the introduction of the C5 Aircross, Citroen also has three other models lined up for the Indian market. The three other models will be introduced at a later stage between 2021 and 2023. This includes a compact-SUV, premium hatchback and a compact-sedan.
Thoughts On The First Citroen Showroom In India
Citroen has finally started making its presence in the Indian market. With the first product expected in mid-2021, expect many other such showrooms to pop up all over the country in the coming months.