- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
It is a known fact that French automaker, Citroen is entering the Indian market with the C5 Aircross SUV. It is expected to go on sale sometime early next year. According to the latest reports, the company is also testing its Berlingo XL MPV in the country.
Spy images from Autocar India, reveals the MPV testing in the country without any camouflage. It is a huge people mover that features three-row seating. Does this mean Citroen's second product to the country will be the MPV? Not exactly.
The Berlingo XL MPV is already on sale in the European market and is offered with three engine options. This includes 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and two 1.5-litre diesel engines in different states of tune.
According to the report, the company might be testing the feasibility of MPV's turbo-petrol engine in the country. The 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol 1199cc engine produces a maximum of 109bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The turbo-petrol engine could be plonked on the upcoming made-in-India compact-SUV from Citroen that is expected to be launch at a later date. The turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular in India. As a result, we have more automakers joining the bandwagon with powerful versions of their existing models.
However, there has been no official statement about the brand regarding the Berlingo XL MPV testing in India. Coming back to the MPV, as mentioned it is a big vehicle and an ideal people mover.
The dimensions of the Berlingo XL read as 4753mm in length, 2107mm in width, 1849mm in length and a wheelbase of 2975mm. The MPV can seat seven occupants including the driver comfortably.
Speaking about the diesel engine options, the MPV also comes equipped with a 1.5-litre diesel unit that was speculated to power the upcoming C5 Aircross SUV in India. It produces 129bhp and 300Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an eight-speed torque converter automatic.
The MPV comes decently equipped with a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand connected technology as well.
Other features include LED projector headlamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, black body cladding, rear air-con vents, semi-digital instrument cluster, front and rear parking sensors, multiple airbags, ABS and EBD; among others.
Thoughts About The Citroen Berlingo XL MPV Spotted Testing Without Camouflage
The Citroen Berlingo XL is likey testing in India to check the feasibility of the turbo-petrol engine for further vehicles launching in the brand. The MPV itself is not expected to arrive in the market, considering previous Vans that were on sale, which did not fare well in the country.