- 42 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 18 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Netizens Shame Media For Creating Chaos Around Sara Ali Khan & Amrita Singh At The Mumbai Airport
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
It is a known fact that French automaker, Citroen is entering the Indian market with the C5 Aircross SUV. It is expected to go on sale sometime early next year. According to the latest reports, the company is also testing its Berlingo XL MPV in the country.
Spy images from Autocar India, reveals the MPV testing in the country without any camouflage. It is a huge people mover that features three-row seating. Does this mean Citroen's second product to the country will be the MPV? Not exactly.
The Berlingo XL MPV is already on sale in the European market and is offered with three engine options. This includes 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and two 1.5-litre diesel engines in different states of tune.
According to the report, the company might be testing the feasibility of MPV's turbo-petrol engine in the country. The 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol 1199cc engine produces a maximum of 109bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
The turbo-petrol engine could be plonked on the upcoming made-in-India compact-SUV from Citroen that is expected to be launch at a later date. The turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular in India. As a result, we have more automakers joining the bandwagon with powerful versions of their existing models.
However, there has been no official statement about the brand regarding the Berlingo XL MPV testing in India. Coming back to the MPV, as mentioned it is a big vehicle and an ideal people mover.
The dimensions of the Berlingo XL read as 4753mm in length, 2107mm in width, 1849mm in length and a wheelbase of 2975mm. The MPV can seat seven occupants including the driver comfortably.
Speaking about the diesel engine options, the MPV also comes equipped with a 1.5-litre diesel unit that was speculated to power the upcoming C5 Aircross SUV in India. It produces 129bhp and 300Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an eight-speed torque converter automatic.
The MPV comes decently equipped with a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand connected technology as well.
Other features include LED projector headlamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, black body cladding, rear air-con vents, semi-digital instrument cluster, front and rear parking sensors, multiple airbags, ABS and EBD; among others.
Thoughts About The Citroen Berlingo XL MPV Spotted Testing Without Camouflage
The Citroen Berlingo XL is likey testing in India to check the feasibility of the turbo-petrol engine for further vehicles launching in the brand. The MPV itself is not expected to arrive in the market, considering previous Vans that were on sale, which did not fare well in the country.