- 5 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Odisha, Maharashtra halt Covid-19 vaccination drive for a day
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
French auto manufacturer Citroen has begun trial assembly of a few C5 Aircross units at the Birla's facility in Tamil Nadu. The brand has imported the units and says that the C5 Aircross will be available in limited numbers.
Reports are that the Citroen Aircross units that are being assembled will be used for testing across India. The brand has been testing the C5 Aircross SUV and has used completely built units that were imported.
The French manufacturer was to launch the Citroen C5 Aircross this year, but had to reschedule the launch to between January and March next year because of the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
Reports are that the Citroen C5 Aircross will be locally assembled and not locally manufactured, and that the SUV will be priced north of the Rs 30 lakh mark.
The Citroen C5 Aircross will feature a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 180bhp, and will arrive mated to an eight-speed torque-convertor automatic. The SUV was initially to be available with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 131bhp.
The brand said that it does not intend to sell a large number of the Citroen C5 Aircross model in India, but will cater for made-in-India models after the C5 Aircross is launched.
The models that will be launched following the C5 Aircross will have a high level of localisation, and expectations are that the French manufacturer will be able to price the product roughly around the Rs 7 lakh mark.
Citroen is in the process of setting up its first dealership at Ahmedabad. The company plans to fire up between 10 and 15 dealerships across the country in the first phase. All dealerships will be based on the brand's La Maison Citroen.
Thoughts About Citroen Beginning Trial Assembly For The C5 Aircross
We're sure the brand is excited about assembly and then testing that will follow. The Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdowns that were implemented have forced many manufacturers to reschedule their entry into the Indian markets, but things appear to be on track right now. We are waiting for the Citroen C5 Aircross models. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the news about the SUV as soon as we hear.