- 8 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 4 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Movies Mahesh Babu On His Lockdown Experience: I’ve Done The One Thing That I Wanted To Do For The Longest Time
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga Flaunts A Blazer Outfit, A Red Dramatic Skirt, And A Golden Dove Brooch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
India's leading tyre manufacturers, CEAT provides safety equipment for autorickshaw drivers across the country. The company aims to help protect the auto drivers and their passengers from the deadly virus during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The safety kit includes an isolation cover which is placed in the middle of the autorickshaw, a surface cleaner spray, a sanitizer bottle along with holder, masks and gloves. Additionally, the company is also educating the drivers on the procedure to sanitize the vehicle.
According to the company, their prime goal is to make the commute safe for both drivers and customers. Called the ‘CEAT Shield of Safety' campaign provides protective barriers for restricting contact between driver and passenger.
This will ensure a safe and healthy environment for customers who are hiring autorickshaws. As a result, the drivers will be able to attract more customers which help increase the income during the pandemic.
Commenting on this initiative, Mr Amit Tolani, Chief Marketing Officer, CEAT Tyres Ltd said, "With apprehensions amongst the commuters on preferring public transport options this initiative will help autorickshaw drivers to solve their problems of not getting any rides during the Unlock phase."
"With the ‘CEAT Shield of Safety', we are trying our best to ensure the safety of the autorickshaw community as well as the passengers. With this in place already, we are planning to explore similar initiatives in other verticals of commuter segments and various parts of the country," He further added.
The heartwarming video also showcases how the autorickshaw drivers are affected during the ongoing pandemic. They rely on customers hiring their auto daily. Without customers, their source of income has been affected massively.
We have noticed many autorickshaws and taxis drivers choosing for an alternate form of business as they were unable to make ends meet due to the pandemic. In addition to this, people are having second thoughts while using public transport due to the risk of virus transmission.
However, as things reach normalcy, people might consider using public transport with proper sanitization. Drivers and customers need to maintain proper hygiene while using public transport. With drivers performing regular sanitization, it will help them attract more customers resulting in better income to provide for the family.
Thoughts About CEAT Provides Safety Kit To Autorickshaw Drivers Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
CEAT is among the list of companies who are helping the nation recover from the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The new initiative from the company will help autorickshaw drivers to protect themselves and their customers from the deadly virus. With a safe and sanitized vehicle, it will also attract more customers to hire the auto as well.