- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Sports T20 World Cup should not be postponed in haste: Misbah-ul-Haq
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mumbai based CEAT Tyres Ltd. has announced a sanitation drive of trucks delivering essential goods across Mumbai amid that ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The company has made the announcement under the leadership of the RPG Foundation.
CEAT has partnered with the All India Truck Worker's Association, the Bombay Goods & Transport Association, and the Western Union LPG Association, in order to sanitize trucks across multiple loading points including Nhavasheva, Mahul, Jasai, and areas around the airport - all of which are key points of entry & exit of vehicles ferrying goods to the city.
The drive includes sanitization of truck cabins, distribution of face masks, hand sanitizers, and food packets to drivers and cleaners. The drive aims at ensuring safety and well-being of drivers and cleaners while they are delivering goods, and are prone to catching the virus.
As is, CEAT has sanitized over 811 trucks and the company's plan is to sanitize a total of 1,000 trucks by 19 April.
CEAT has also initiated voluntary distribution of food packets across India. As is, the firm has distributed over 68,500 food packets across Mumbai, Nashik, Chennai, Vadodara, Jaipur, and Jabalpur. The company caters for over 5,800 freshly cooked food packets on a daily basis.
The company says that the RPG Foundation is proud of their Covid -19 Warriors who are relentlessly working towards a common goal of ensuring safety and well-being of the general population.
The Covid-19 Warriors in question are employees of the RPG Group who have been distributing food and masks across the plant and corporate office regions with the help of company, and at times at their own expense.
Some of the employees of the RPG Foundation have even conducted programs to increase awareness about precautionary measures that can be taken to prevent the spread of the deadly Coronavirus.
Mr Arnab Banerjee, the Chief Operating Officer at CEAT Tyres Ltd said, "CEAT Tyres along with RPG Foundation and other relevant authorities has undertaken various tasks with a commitment towards helping the society in every possible manner to fight this pandemic. The sanitisation drive, distribution of food packets and deployment of our ever ready COVID-19 Warriors are all initiatives that are aimed at providing essential care during these unprecedented times."
Thoughts About CEAT's Truck Sanitation Drive
This is a fantastic initiative. While most manufacturers and companies are focused on community welfare closer to their facilities, CEAT has stepped up to cater for safety for people living in cities. We fully acknowledge and applaud the effort and the initiative CEAT has started.