- 6 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 7 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 8 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The self-drive car and bike rental Industry is expanding rapidly in India. This business is especially booming in places that see a lot of tourists. Till date, the drivers of these rented vehicles were facing a lot of problems from the local traffic authorities as they would insist on seeing a commercial badge of the drivers.
However, now the Union Government has clarified that only a valid passenger vehicle driving license will be enough when it comes to driving such rented vehicles, which is such a relief to the drivers. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued advisory based on the issues received from certain stakeholders in implementing self drive cab rental schemes. It says, "The person driving the Commercial Vehicle carrying the valid driving license /IDP and a copy of license for renting a motor cab (Form 3/4) or for the motorcycle (Form 2) of respective scheme should not be insisted for any badge."
In other recent auto news, Jeep has finally taken the wraps off the 2021 Compass facelift SUV globally. The new Jeep Compass facelift features a number of updates, both in terms of cosmetic, as well as mechanical. The new Compass facelift SUV also receives a host of added features and equipment as well.
The new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, along with the brand's UConnect 5 technology. Mechanically the new SUV now comes with an all-new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.4-litre unit.
Moreover, the new 1.3-litre engine comes in two state-of-tunes, producing 128bhp and 148bhp of power and 270Nm of peak torque. The unit with a lower state-of-tune will be mated to a six-speed manual, while the other will receive a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission option as well. Globally, the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift will also be powered by a 1.6-litre MultiJet diesel engine, which will produce 118bhp and 320Nm of torque. We expect Jeep to continue using the current 2.0-litre diesel unit in India, which has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms.
Thoughts About The Car & Bike Rental Services
These vehicles are used by tourists, corporate officials, business travellers, etc. India has many companies that offer self-drive car rentals like Zoomcar, Revv and Myles and with this decision taken by the Government will ease the lives of the drivers.