- 37 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Journalism student, gym owner from Pune arrested in ISIS case
- Sports KL Rahul posts an emotional message with his cricket gears on Instagram, gets more than 3 lakh likes
- Movies Akshara Gowda Repents Doing Thuppakki, Says Any Girl Would Regret That Role!
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The self-drive car and bike rental Industry is expanding rapidly in India. This business is especially booming in places that see a lot of tourists. Till date, the drivers of these rented vehicles were facing a lot of problems from the local traffic authorities as they would insist on seeing a commercial badge of the drivers.
However, now the Union Government has clarified that only a valid passenger vehicle driving license will be enough when it comes to driving such rented vehicles, which is such a relief to the drivers. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued advisory based on the issues received from certain stakeholders in implementing self drive cab rental schemes. It says, "The person driving the Commercial Vehicle carrying the valid driving license /IDP and a copy of license for renting a motor cab (Form 3/4) or for the motorcycle (Form 2) of respective scheme should not be insisted for any badge."
In other recent auto news, Jeep has finally taken the wraps off the 2021 Compass facelift SUV globally. The new Jeep Compass facelift features a number of updates, both in terms of cosmetic, as well as mechanical. The new Compass facelift SUV also receives a host of added features and equipment as well.
The new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, along with the brand's UConnect 5 technology. Mechanically the new SUV now comes with an all-new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.4-litre unit.
Moreover, the new 1.3-litre engine comes in two state-of-tunes, producing 128bhp and 148bhp of power and 270Nm of peak torque. The unit with a lower state-of-tune will be mated to a six-speed manual, while the other will receive a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission option as well. Globally, the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift will also be powered by a 1.6-litre MultiJet diesel engine, which will produce 118bhp and 320Nm of torque. We expect Jeep to continue using the current 2.0-litre diesel unit in India, which has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms.
Thoughts About The Car & Bike Rental Services
These vehicles are used by tourists, corporate officials, business travellers, etc. India has many companies that offer self-drive car rentals like Zoomcar, Revv and Myles and with this decision taken by the Government will ease the lives of the drivers.