- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Indian Army has modified a bus to carry patients suffering from coronavirus symptoms in the country. The ADG-PI Indian Army Twitter page released an image of the bus, which will be used to treat covid-19 patients.
The bus was modified by the Western Command of the Indian Army. According to the Tweet by the ADG-PI (Additional Directorate General of Public Information) of Indian Army stated all the changes made to treat covid-19 patients while ensuring the safety of the driver and co-driver.
The modified bus will come with a single-entry, treatment chamber with ventilators and isolation for the driver and co-driver. The modified bus will also come with disposable seat covers and a process for decontamination.
The Western Command of the Indian Army will also be providing special protective gear and equipment for the medical staff as well.
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 24th of March announced a 21-day nationwide lockdown. The lockdown which extends till the 14th of April has been put in place to contain the spread of the deadly coronavirus in the country.
India currently has over 1000 confirmed cases of coronavirus across the country. The Prime Minister has asked everyone to stay home and socially distance themselves. Only essential service providers such as the food delivery personnel, fire brigade, police, medics and others are allowed to step-out during this period.
Most automobile companies have suspended operations at their manufacturing facility. The companies are, however, working with the central government to manufacture ventilators and other medical equipment in a large scale process.
Companies like Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra and others have started production of ventilators and medical equipment. There are also other companies which have donated large amounts of money to help acquire all the equipment required to fight the deadly virus.
Also, similar to the modified bus by the Indian Army, the Indian Railways has also modified a train coach as a quarantine facility. The Indian Railways has disabled its operations, which has allowed it to turn compartments into quarantine facilities. This plan is currently in its prototype phase.
Thoughts On The Indian Army's Modified Bus To Fight Covid-19
The modified bus by the Indian Army is an excellent way to reach a larger number of patients, who require attention during these testing times. The modified bus will help the patients get tested more easily and receive immediate medical attention.