- 6 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 23 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 24 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- News Second part pf parliament's budget session from Monday
- Sports UFC 259 results: Blachowicz, Nunes retain belts; Yan loses title due to DQ
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Lifestyle Divyanka Tripathi’s Cool And Stylish Braid Hairstyle Will Spruce Up Your Boring Ponytail
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Bugatti — the French car manufacturer has globally unveiled its latest track-focused hypercar, the Bolide. The all-new Bugatti Bolide whose name translates to 'a very fast car', is an oversimplification of what the hypercar concept is.
The Bolide is powered by an updated version of Bugatti's famous 8.0-litre quad-turbo W16 engine. The latest iteration of the engine powering the Bolide is said to produce 1824bhp at 7000rpm and 1850Nm of peak torque right from 2000rpm, paired with a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox. This combined with the hypercar's 1240 kilogram weight, gives it an astonishing weight-to-power ratio of 0.67 kg/hp.
Sticking to the mind-bending numbers, the Bugatti Bolide as per simulations is capable of sprinting from 0 - 100km/h in 2.17 seconds while 0 - 500km/h takes just 20.16 seconds. The top speed of the Bugatti Bolide as per the same simulations is rated to be north of 311mph (500km/h).
Talking about the design, the Bugatti Bolide comes with an extremely performance-oriented styling, with each vent, scoop and cuts working together to offer the most aerodynamic efficiency it can possibly offer. The car also comes with a shark fin and a massive active spoiler at the back. This rear spoiler on the Bolide is said to offer a maximum downforce of 2,600kg at 320km/h.
There are also multiple-layered diffusers at the rear, centrally positioned quad exhaust pipes and X-shaped headlamps and tail lights at the front and rear, respectively. The entire hypercar is made up of a carbon-fibre monocoque, making it extremely strong, yet keeping the weight in check.
As per Bugatti, the Bolide has been built using the DNA of its ‘Type 35' race car. The Bugatti Type 35 built in the 1920s is one of the most successful race cars in history. The Bugatti Bolide uses the same ethos of low weight and high performance as the Type 35 to recreate ‘the most extreme, uncompromising, fastest and lightest vehicle concept in the company's recent history'.
The Bugatti Bolide is, however, a one-off proof-of-concept from the French carmaker. The hypercar concept is yet to receive approval to go into production, with Bugatti themselves currently unclear about it.
Thoughts On The Bugatti Bolide Track-focused Hypercar
The Bugatti Bolide is the brand's latest vehicle concept - the ultimate evolution of the brand's road-going models including the Chiron Pur Sport. While we are yet to see if Bugatti puts the Bolide into production, we are sure some of the technology in the Bolide will make its way onto some of the brand's future products.