- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 13 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
In fantastic news for motorsport enthusiasts, the country's Buddh International Circuit at Greater Noida is now open for domestic and national level races, manufacturers, corporates, and other participants, and is ready to witness loud and fast machines after a rather quiet three months.
India's only Formula One certified race track has already begun hosting track days. The 5.14 kilometer race track has hosted three Formula One races in the past, and the management at BIC shared a quick "We are back on track.. with action packed pedal to the metal. Let the lights go green." over their social media handles.
All Central and State Government mandates regarding social distancing and safety are being followed and facilities are being sanitised on a regular basis. The facilities at the track complex were being used as a quarantine facility during Phase One of the lockdown that was a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Madras Motor Race Track at Chennai is preparing to open for manufacturer, race, and individual testing, and will be ready to host enthusiasts over the next few weeks. Built during the 1980s, and inaugurated in 1990, the is the first permanent racing circuit in the country, and is owned and managed by the Madras Motor Sport Club.
The Chennai based Motor Sport Club said via a social media post, "The MMSC welcomes back all manufacturers, corporates, and participants to it's race/test track & thank you all in advance for respecting protocols in the #RaceAgainstCovid."
The Club said that the race track will be opened on June 14th 2020 for testing. Two-wheelers will be allowed on premises between 9 AM and 1 PM, at charge of Rs 1,500 per session per rider. Four-wheelers will be allowed on track between 2 PM and 6 PM at a charge of Rs 4,000 per session per driver.
Thoughts About The Buddh International Circuit And The Madras Motor Race Track Reopening
This is great news for motorsport enthusiasts! While track days and testing was a common sight at both circuits, one has to see how many individual folk are willing to risk going back to the circuits, considering that the Covid-19 virus is still claiming patients by the thousands. In addition, e-Sports have taken center stage over the last few months and is expected to grow exponentially over the next couple of years.