- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 20 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Finance Essel Group: GST Officers Arrest Two for Passing Bogus ITC Worth Rs 392 Crore
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Wasim Jaffer rubbishes pitch talks, tells English batters to score runs
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- News Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Buddh International Circuit — India's first and only F1-certified race track could soon become a quarantine facility. According to reports, the district magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar has decided to use Jaypee Sports City as a temporary shelter for migrant workers in Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway areas.
BN Singh, district magistrate, Gautam Budh Nagar told Hindustan Times,
"As per provisions under Chapter 12 of the Uttar Pradesh pandemic Covid-19 guidelines, 2020, we have decided to use Jaypee Sports City, along Yamuna Expressway, as shelter home to provide medical, food and residential accommodation to those, who are from Gautam Budh Nagar district or stuck without homes in our district."
The Buddh International Circuit is part of the Jaypee Sports City and hence is being readied to shelter people during the 21-day India lockdown. Apart from BIC, the authorities have found 20 other buildings, which can be converted to temporary shelters for migrant workers.
The BIC and other identified areas will also come with healthcare facilities as well. This is being done to correctly identify any infected person and prevent them from spreading the virus in their hometowns. Apart from temporary shelters, authorities are also working on setting up medical supplies, food, toiletries, bed and other services for the remaining duration of the India lockdown.
Other administrative officials of Gautam Budh Nagar also stated, "As of now, we have identified the facility. We are creating these facilities so that stranded migrants in Gautam Budh Nagar can use them till April 14, 2020."
The Buddh Circuit is India's first and only Formula One race track. The Buddh International Circuit held its first F1 race in 2011, while the last race came two years later in 2013. The world-class facility was recently sealed by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority after the developer failed to pay the massive Rs 600 crore financial dues.
Thoughts On India's Only F1 Race Track Being Used As A Quarantine Facility During Lockdown
The Jaypee Sports City and the BIC are world-class facilities; making it the perfect location to provide shelter to countless homeless migrant workers stuck in Delhi and other areas during the 21-day lockdown.