- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Buddh International Circuit — India's first and only F1-certified race track could soon become a quarantine facility. According to reports, the district magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar has decided to use Jaypee Sports City as a temporary shelter for migrant workers in Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway areas.
BN Singh, district magistrate, Gautam Budh Nagar told Hindustan Times,
"As per provisions under Chapter 12 of the Uttar Pradesh pandemic Covid-19 guidelines, 2020, we have decided to use Jaypee Sports City, along Yamuna Expressway, as shelter home to provide medical, food and residential accommodation to those, who are from Gautam Budh Nagar district or stuck without homes in our district."
The Buddh International Circuit is part of the Jaypee Sports City and hence is being readied to shelter people during the 21-day India lockdown. Apart from BIC, the authorities have found 20 other buildings, which can be converted to temporary shelters for migrant workers.
The BIC and other identified areas will also come with healthcare facilities as well. This is being done to correctly identify any infected person and prevent them from spreading the virus in their hometowns. Apart from temporary shelters, authorities are also working on setting up medical supplies, food, toiletries, bed and other services for the remaining duration of the India lockdown.
Other administrative officials of Gautam Budh Nagar also stated, "As of now, we have identified the facility. We are creating these facilities so that stranded migrants in Gautam Budh Nagar can use them till April 14, 2020."
The Buddh Circuit is India's first and only Formula One race track. The Buddh International Circuit held its first F1 race in 2011, while the last race came two years later in 2013. The world-class facility was recently sealed by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority after the developer failed to pay the massive Rs 600 crore financial dues.
Thoughts On India's Only F1 Race Track Being Used As A Quarantine Facility During Lockdown
The Jaypee Sports City and the BIC are world-class facilities; making it the perfect location to provide shelter to countless homeless migrant workers stuck in Delhi and other areas during the 21-day lockdown.