- 58 min ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 18 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Sports IPL 2020: Fans want Suresh Raina back after Chennai Super Kings falter; know Mr IPL's incredible records
- Technology Big Relief For Vodafone; Wins Rs. 20,000 Crore Retrospective Case Dispute
- News To reclaim Shri Krishna Janmasthan land, suit filed iii Mathura court
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4 Ex-Contestant Kalyani Says She Felt Bad When Nagarjuna Didn't Allow Her To Talk
- Finance Gold And Silver Posted Their Biggest Weekly Losses Since March
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Bridgestone Tyres India has announced their support to doctors and healthcare officials to fight the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The company has also reached out in support of migrant workers and stranded truckers in various states of India as well.
Bridgestone India has announced the supply of over 10,000 PPEs (Personal Protective Equipment) to hospitals in both rural and urban areas of Pune, Indore and Dhar. The 10,000 PPEs include masks, gloves and other protective equipment. Out of these Bridgestone has also supplied 780 complete sets as well.
Parag Satpute Managing Director, Bridgestone India, said,
"Bridgestone India is committed to support the emergency needs of the society. Providing Personal Protective Equipment for medical and paramedical staff is the dire need of the hour."
Apart from the PPEs for doctors and other medical staff, Bridgestone is also reached out to migrant workers and stranded truck drivers in multiple states to offer relief as well. The company is said to have already supplied over 1.65 lakh meals to stranded migrant workers and truckers in states like Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand.
Over 3,700 stranded truckers in the above-mentioned states have also been provided with basic hygiene products, personal safety items and groceries for 15 days.
Bridgestone India has also started an ‘I-Serve' employee volunteering initiative program. As part of this initiative, employees of Bridgestone India volunteer to be at the forefront of relief operations, contributing to the distribution of PPEs and safety kits for the COVID-19 warriors. The company itself has also contributed an amount of Rs 50 lakh towards relief operations in and around Pune.
The COVID-19 cases in India has been steadily increasing every day, even amidst the nationwide lockdown. The central government announced a lockdown on the 24th of March, which has been extended until the 3rd of May 2020. People around the country have been asked to stay home and venture out only to purchase essentials, while maintaining social distancing norms.
Thoughts About Bridgestone India Offering Support To COVID-19 Warriors
With India currently facing a global pandemic due to COVID-19, all operations and businesses have been shut down for over a month, due to the nationwide lockdown. However, during this period, almost every manufacturer has come out offering their support to fight the coronavirus in the country.