- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The BMW X7 Dark Shadow limited edition SUV has been unveiled. The automaker announced that it is only manufacturing 500 examples of the limited edition X7 for the entire world. It will be produced at the BMW plant in Spartanburg USA from August 2020.
The special edition model is available worldwide and can be chosen with all the engines options offered for the BMW X7. The limited-edition model features a host of cosmetic changes, while mechanicals remains unchanged from the standard model.
The highlight of the X7 Dark Shadow Edition will be the Frozen Arctic Grey metallic paint scheme from BMW Individual, which is the brand's high-level personalisation program. This is the first time BMW is offering the customization programme in any of its SUVs.
Along with the new paint scheme, the covers of the B and C columns and the exterior mirror bases feature the High Gloss Shadow Line finish. Also, other elements such as the brand's signature kidney grille, the air breathers and the tailpipe covers of the exhaust system are finished in black chrome.
Other exterior changes include a gloss black roof rail and a protection glazing sunroof. The Dark edition comes with the aerodynamically optimised bodywork elements of the M sports package. This includes different bumpers, air dam, side skirts and 22-inch M light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design with a Jet Black matt finish shod with performance tyres. It also comes with the M sports exhaust system.
The X7 Dark Shadow Edition is available in either six-seat or seven-seat configurations. On the inside, the trims continue to feature bits borrowed from the M Sport package. This includes an M-spec leather-wrapped steering wheel and a two-tone Merino full leather upholstery finished in Night Blue and Black with contrasting seams and a roof liner in Night Blue with Alcantara finish, all of which are part of the BMW Individual package.
Additionally, BMW Individual interior trim finishers in Fineline Black with aluminium inlays and other trims including the centre console is finished in Piano Black bearing the special edition logo.
As mentioned before, there will be mechanical changes made to the limited edition SUV. In India, the X7 is offered with three engine options. The xDrive30d variants are powered by a 3.0-litre, in-line six-cylinder, twin-turbo diesel engine that produces 264bhp and 620Nm of torque.
While the xDrive40i is powered by a 3.0-litre, inline-six, twin-turbo petrol engine that churns out 339bhp and 450Nm of peak torque. The top-spec M50d uses a 3.0-litre engine with quad-turbo to produce 395bhp and 760Nm of torque. All three engines come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with a four-wheel-drive system.
The company has also announced that the BMW Individual customization option will be made available to the regular BMW X7, BMW X6 and BMW X5 models soon. BMW has revealed two new colour options: Urban Green and Grigio Telesto metallic. Prices for the X7 Dark Shadow Edition is yet to be announced.
Thoughts About The BMW X7 Dark Shadow Limited Edition Unveiled
The BMW X7 is the brand's flagship SUV, which is already offering top-notch luxury, comfort and performance. However, the German automaker has decided to take it up a notch by featuring some exclusive features that enhance the look and feel of the SUV. Additionally, it will also be available in limited number adding to the exclusivity factor.