- 18 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Technology Vijay Sale Republic Sale 2021: Offers On Gadgets And Other Products
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Mumbai Reception: Here Is Everything You Need To Know!
- News Farmers' unions issue dos and don'ts for tractor rally on Republic Day
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Odisha FC: Sloppy Odisha help Bengaluru rescue a point
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The BMW X7 Dark Shadow limited edition SUV has been unveiled. The automaker announced that it is only manufacturing 500 examples of the limited edition X7 for the entire world. It will be produced at the BMW plant in Spartanburg USA from August 2020.
The special edition model is available worldwide and can be chosen with all the engines options offered for the BMW X7. The limited-edition model features a host of cosmetic changes, while mechanicals remains unchanged from the standard model.
The highlight of the X7 Dark Shadow Edition will be the Frozen Arctic Grey metallic paint scheme from BMW Individual, which is the brand's high-level personalisation program. This is the first time BMW is offering the customization programme in any of its SUVs.
Along with the new paint scheme, the covers of the B and C columns and the exterior mirror bases feature the High Gloss Shadow Line finish. Also, other elements such as the brand's signature kidney grille, the air breathers and the tailpipe covers of the exhaust system are finished in black chrome.
Other exterior changes include a gloss black roof rail and a protection glazing sunroof. The Dark edition comes with the aerodynamically optimised bodywork elements of the M sports package. This includes different bumpers, air dam, side skirts and 22-inch M light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design with a Jet Black matt finish shod with performance tyres. It also comes with the M sports exhaust system.
The X7 Dark Shadow Edition is available in either six-seat or seven-seat configurations. On the inside, the trims continue to feature bits borrowed from the M Sport package. This includes an M-spec leather-wrapped steering wheel and a two-tone Merino full leather upholstery finished in Night Blue and Black with contrasting seams and a roof liner in Night Blue with Alcantara finish, all of which are part of the BMW Individual package.
Additionally, BMW Individual interior trim finishers in Fineline Black with aluminium inlays and other trims including the centre console is finished in Piano Black bearing the special edition logo.
As mentioned before, there will be mechanical changes made to the limited edition SUV. In India, the X7 is offered with three engine options. The xDrive30d variants are powered by a 3.0-litre, in-line six-cylinder, twin-turbo diesel engine that produces 264bhp and 620Nm of torque.
While the xDrive40i is powered by a 3.0-litre, inline-six, twin-turbo petrol engine that churns out 339bhp and 450Nm of peak torque. The top-spec M50d uses a 3.0-litre engine with quad-turbo to produce 395bhp and 760Nm of torque. All three engines come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with a four-wheel-drive system.
The company has also announced that the BMW Individual customization option will be made available to the regular BMW X7, BMW X6 and BMW X5 models soon. BMW has revealed two new colour options: Urban Green and Grigio Telesto metallic. Prices for the X7 Dark Shadow Edition is yet to be announced.
Thoughts About The BMW X7 Dark Shadow Limited Edition Unveiled
The BMW X7 is the brand's flagship SUV, which is already offering top-notch luxury, comfort and performance. However, the German automaker has decided to take it up a notch by featuring some exclusive features that enhance the look and feel of the SUV. Additionally, it will also be available in limited number adding to the exclusivity factor.