- 8 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
BMW has introduced its new X5 M Competition SUV in the Indian market. The new BMW X5 M Competition is now the SUV's most powerful iteration available in the market and is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.94 crore, ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for the performance-oriented X5 M Competition can be made either online or through any of the dealerships across India. Customers booking the BMW X5 M Competition before the year-end will receive an exclusive hospitality experience designed by BMW Excellence Club, in collaboration with Isprava luxury villas.
The new BMW X5 M Competition will be imported into the Indian market via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Deliveries for the performance-oriented SUV is said to begin very soon.
In terms of design, the BMW X5 M Competition comes with a bold and aggressive styling. The SUV comes with BMW LED Laserlights, which offer a range of 500m with a no-dazzling high-beam function.
In addition to this, the new X5 M Competition now features a new front bumper with larger openings for the air intake. The front grille is also large and comes finished in a gloss-black finish, adding to the sporty nature of the SUV. The BMW X5 M Competition features exclusive 21-inch light-weight ‘M' alloy wheels at the front and 22-inch at the rear.
BMW has also equipped the X5 M Competition with a roof and lower tailgate spoiler, adding to its aerodynamic enhancements. The SUV also features a gloss-black finish on the rear bumper, featuring the diffuser and quad exhaust pipes.
Moving inside, the new BMW X5 M Competition features the bespoke ‘M' treatment all around the cabin. This includes the multifunction seats with electric adjustments, 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's iDrive Touch controller, voice control and gesture control.
The X5 M Competition also features ‘M' leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted controls, virtual cockpit with a large digital instrument cluster and many more ‘M-specific' elements as well.
Other standard features on the SUV also include wireless charging, Harman Kardon surround sound system, panoramic glass roof, acoustic glazing, ambient air package and others. BMW also offers the X5 M Competition with optional Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound system, rear-seat entertainment, along with a host of other exclusive interior trims and packages.
Coming to the heart of the matter, the BMW X5 M Competition comes powered by a 4.4-litre M-twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine. The high-revving engine produces 625bhp at 6000rpm and 750Nm of peak torque at 1800 - 5600rpm and is mated to the brand's eight-speed M Steptronic automatic transmission.
All the power is sent to all-four wheels via BMW's xDrive technology. The SUV also features Active M differential, ensuring a dynamic driving experience both on and off-road.
In terms of performance figures, the BMW X5 M Competition claims to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in just 3.8 seconds. The SUV also claims to have an electronically-limited top-speed of 250km/h.
The new BMW X5 M Competition will be offered in a range of colour options. The standard Metallic ones include Carbon Black, Black Sapphire, Mineral White, Donnington Grey, Tornado Red, Manhattan Green & Marina Bay Blue. In addition to this, the X5 M Competition will also get the optional BMW Individual paint schemes: Tanzanite Blue & Ametrine.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"BMW M is driven by a single-minded passion for creating authentic motorsport functionality with everyday usability. The all-new BMW X5 M Competition inherits this DNA and heralds a new dimension in the Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) segment."
"It is a sublime mix of exclusive ‘M' elements, an imposing thirst for forward progress, supreme power, captivating presence and an ultra-modern interior that epitomizes luxury."
He further added, "The powerful V8 engine and an array of comfort and safety features promise a unique, sporty and exclusive driving experience. The all-new BMW X5 M Competition fulfils the highest customer expectations, not only for agility, dynamics and power but also the expression of individuality."
Thoughts On The BMW X5 M Competition Launch In India
The BMW X5 M is the most powerful iteration of the standard X5 SUV. The new BMW X5 M Competition rivals the likes of the Range Rover Sport SVR, Porsche Cayenne Turbo and the Mercedes-AMG G63 in the Indian market.