- 3 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 4 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 5 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- News India's Astrosat completes 5 years of mapping stars, galaxies in space
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Sports French Open 2020: Serena Williams sees off Ahn again in slam opener
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan's Show Premieres With A Few Tweaks & A Strong Message!
- Finance Muthoot Fincorp NCD Opens For Subscription; Offers Upto 9.6% Returns
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Shows Us How To Pull Off Semi-Formal And Fashionable Look In The Sassiest Way
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
German auto manufacturer, BMW, is prepping to launch the BMW X3 M in India. The SUV has been spotted testing in Mumbai. Pictures uploaded by ssim700 on Instagram reveal a fully camouflaged SUV that features the brand's signature kidney type front grille.
Spy pics also reveal that the soon-to-be-launched BMW X3 M will arrive with the company's signature LED DRLs as well.
BMW's X3 M is powered by a newly-developed, high-revving, 3.0-litre straight-six M TwinPower Turbo engine that produces 473 brake horsepower and 600Nm of torque. Also available is a Competition variant that runs the same 3.0-litre engine, but produces 503 brake horsepower.
Power is sent to all wheels via the M-spec xDrive All Wheel Drive system. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission that transmits a power to the active M-differentials. The upcoming X3 M nails the 0 to 100 kilometer per hour mark in 4.2 seconds, while the Competition variant does it in 4.1 seconds.
Like all BMW M Series cars, the X3 M features body strengthening elements and sophisticated chassis technology. The SUV feature electronically controlled dampers that are tuned for track, and for everyday use.
The X3 also features an M Series specific steering wheel and powerful compound brakes that send all feedback to the driver. The feedback allows for drivers to know what the 20-inch M light-alloy wheels are doing at all times. The vehicle also features M xDrive modes that allow for an experienced driver to send the X3 M into a controlled drift.
The interiors of the soon to be launched BMW X3 M feature Vernasca leather upholstery, an M Series specific cockpit, leather steering wheel, and gearshift selector lever as well. The Competition variants features Merino leather upholstery with Alcantara trims.
Once launched, the BMW X3 will compete with the Porsche Macan, considering its direct competition like the Mercedes-Benz GLC 63 AMG, the Jaguar F-Pace SVR, and the Audi SQ5 are currently unavailable in India.
The BMW X3 M is currently priced starting at Euro 70,800 (roughly Rs 58.26 lakh, plus registration and taxes) in the brand's European markets. We expect the vehicle to be priced starting at roughly Rs 70 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The BMW X3 M Spotted Testing In India
BMW saw an increase in its M Series sales during 2019. In fact, the company registered a 32.2 percent growth, and delivered almost 3.67 lakh M Series vehicles during the year. The X3 M was a one of a bunch of performance cars that made their debut last year, and has done well for the company. We expect the BMW X3 M to do well in India.