- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
BMW India launched the latest-generation 3 series last year in Indian. The new BMW 3 Series carries a starting price of Rs 41.40 lakh and goes all the way up to the Rs 47.90 Lakh mark for the top-spec trim. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
According to a report by Autocar India, the company is gearing up to launch the long-wheelbase 3 Series in India, which is expected to hit showrooms by mid-2021. The new 3 series will also be replacing the long-wheelbase 3 GT in India. However, the long-wheelbase 3 GT has been discontinued globally and the new long-wheelbase 3 Series will fill in the missing gap.
As far as the dimensions go, The 3 Series LWB will have a wheelbase of 2,961mm, which is 110mm longer than the regular 3 series. In fact, the 3 GT had a wheelbase of 2,920mm. To help identify it as the long-wheelbase version, BMW is expected to sell the 3 Series with the 'L' badge, as it does in the Chinese market.
Mechanically, the 330Li will come with the 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine producing 257bhp of power. On the other hand, there is likely to be a 20d diesel version that will pump out 189bhp of power. Expect it to drive well too; the long-wheelbase 3 is no afterthought. Once launched, we can expect the long-wheelbase 3 Series to carry a price tag between Rs 48 lakh to Rs 52 lakh ex-showroom.
In other recent BMW India news, the company officially teased the new-gen X6 on its website ahead of its launch in the country. The third-generation SUV-coupe is expected to go on sale in India on June 11, 2020, and the bookings for the SUV began early this year in January.
Also, the third-generation BMW X6 was recently spotted completely undisguised in India. A few things that were spotted on the car were the xDrive40i badge, sporty front and rear bumpers, a large twin-kidney grille and twin-pod LED headlights, dual-tone alloy wheels with Y-shaped spokes, etc.
Mechanically, the BMW X6 xDrive40i variant will be powered by a 3.0-litre, turbocharged six-cylinder petrol engine. The unit is capable of producing 335bhp of power and 450Nm of peak torque. The engine comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The BMW 3 Series Long-Wheelbase
Well, the 3 series is already a brilliant model as far as the feature list goes. Since the 3 series GT turned out to be BMW's bestseller in India, we are expecting that the LWB version will get the same kind of attention.