- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Sports "I always looked up to Sardar Singh, his discipline was infectious," says India Colts midfielder Vishal Antil
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
BMW India pledges Rs 3 crore financial aid to the ongoing battle against the COVID-19 pandemic. The company will also help in various areas to help fight the battle in Delhi NCR and Chennai region.
The company will help in the creation of isolation wards for patients at the Government General Hospital near the BMW's Chengalpattu manufacturing plant at in Tamil Nadu. It will also provide critical care equipment and services for medical facilities in Delhi NCR and Chennai.
In addition to this, BMW will also provide Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to frontline medical personnel, and law enforcement agencies who are out there risking their lives to treat the affected people and maintain order in the country, respectively.
The brand will also fund nutrition for the economically marginalised families as part of the initiative. These initiatives will further help the Government to fight the on-going crisis in the country.
Mr Rudratej Singh, President and Chief Executive Officer, BMW Group India, said,
"The coronavirus pandemic presents a mammoth challenge to public health, industry, economy and business. Responsible action and sincere efforts are immensely crucial for minimising the impact on human life, providing immediate relief to the underprivileged and reinforcing those engaged at the frontline of this crisis. The most important need of the hour is to flatten the curve and ensure social distancing. It is a top priority and responsibility that we are taking very seriously."
BMW has implemented work from home in India. Most divisions of the company including sales and BMW India Financial Services are working from home and will continue to do so until the lockdown is lifted on May 3.
The company's manufacturing plant in Chennai has suspended its operations till May 3, although essential services such as security, facility management and health centre continue to operate.
The business will continue to operate as usual across all functions while adhering to all government directives, and necessary safety measures. All Employees of BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealerships in India are working from home.
The company continue to offer aftersales and breakdown support service. The service staff are operating as per the local government directives, and are functional with limitations. However, all showrooms are presently closed and will reopen as per government advisory.
Mr Singh further added, "At the BMW Group, we have a strong culture and value system which has always stood the test of time. The resolve and commitment of our employees and dealer partners across India to fight this unprecedented threat to mankind is strong and undeterred. We will remain resilient and responsive."
Thoughts About The BMW India Pledge Rs 3 Crore Financial Aid To Fight COVID-19
BMW has joined a long list of manufacturers who have currently joined hands with the Government to help fight the battle. The manufactures are also coming up with various initiatives to help the frontline emergency personnel and also ensure the safekeeping of their employees.