- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News DCGI finds no link between COVID vaccine shot and 'adverse' reaction in Chennai volunteer during trial
- Sports India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Important that I try to win games for India whenever I play: Shardul Thakur
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
BMW Group India has announced a start in operations at their Chennai based facility today. Operations have begun in accordance with guidelines issued by local authorities. Production at the facility has started with less than 50 per cent of the company's regular workforce. The company also announced that operations will begin with a single shift and that all other employees will continue to work from home.
BMW will increase or reduce working staff depending on the pandemic situation and government advisories. The company has implemented several precautionary measures at its Chennai facility to create a safe working environment. Measures include remodelling of the facility's layout to ensure strict social distancing.
The German brand has also catered for individual protective gear for all its employees, will conduct health check-ups on a daily basis, incorporate staggered lunch schedules, offer pre-packed meals and will offer the highest level of sanitization measures.
The brand also announced that The National Sales Company, and BMW India Financial Services, both based out of BMW Group India's headquarters in Gurugram will continue to work from home. BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad Dealerships across the country will restart their operations in adherence to local government directives and advisories while maintaining necessary safety and hygiene measures.
Other manufacturers too are slowly beginning operations. German luxury car manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz, recently announced that it was preparing to restart operations at its Chakan based facility. Production will begin gradually and will follow all directives laid out by the Government of Maharashtra.
Mercedes announced that only essential staff will be present at the facility, and those whose deliverables are not required physically will continue to work from home. The brand has also announced that select dealerships across the country will resume operations.
In related news, two-wheeler manufacturers like Royal Enfield and Honda have announced a resumption in operations at their production facilities. Both companies have taken all necessary precautions, are working with limited staff, and are focusing on health and well being as top priorities.
Thoughts About BMW India Resuming Operations At Its Chennai Facility
This is great news! It is inspiring to see manufacturers going back to work with the aim of rebuilding momentum during this life-altering pandemic. The Auto Industry is a large contributor to the country's economy, and we expect more manufacturers to start resuming operations over the next couple of weeks.