- 5 min ago Mini Cooper John Cooper Works GP Electric Concept Breaks Cover: To Become The Fastest Mini
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Thar First Month Dispatch Figures Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors e-Buses Delivered To BEST In Mumbai: 26 Units Added To The Fleet
- 16 hrs ago CEAT Becomes Official Tyre Partner For Nissan Magnite: Here Are All Details
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For December 5 And Your Chance To Win Rs. 20,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- News RSS affiliate BKS suggests 4 amendments to farm laws
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Makes Powerful Statement With A Front Twist Bun At The Fashion Awards
- Sports Pakistan Cricket Board starts probe into Covid 19 cases in the team in New Zealand
- Finance Gold Makes First Weekly Gain In 4 Weeks
- Movies Sara Ali Khan On 'Problematic' Plot Of Original Coolie No.1: It Wasn't About Govinda Cheating Karisma Kapoor
- Education RRB Ministerial & Isolated Categories Exam Schedule 2020 Released For CBT
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In December
German auto manufacturing giants, BMW Group, has appointed Mr Vikram Pawah as the President at BMW Group India, effective 1 August 2020. The Group said that Mr Pawah will continue with his present role as Chief Executive Office for BMW Group Australia and New Zealand.
Mr Pawah joined the BMW Group during 2017 when he was appointed as BMW Group India's President. He was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer at BMW Group Australia and New Zealand during 2018, and quickly steered BMW into a position of strength in the luxury car segment.
Mr Hendrik von Kuenheim, the Senior Vice President for Region Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, at theBMW Group said, "Under the leadership of Mr. Vikram Pawah, BMW Group has successfully stood ground in a fiercely competitive environment and gained significant momentum in both Indian and Australian luxury car markets."
"As a priority market, India presents tremendous potential for future growth and development of the luxury automotive segment. Mr. Pawah brings excellent preconditions to navigate BMW Group India in a challenging business situation due the ongoing corona pandemic. We are confident that his strategic thinking, hands-on approach and ability to drive people will navigate the organisation in these turbulent times," he added.
April 2020 saw the sudden demise of Mr Rudratej Singh, the previous President and Chief Executive Officer at BMW Group India, and created an unprecedented situation for the company. Mr. Arlindo Teixeira, the Chief Financial Officer has been Acting President since.
The company retails BMW, MINI, and Motorrad in the country, and has set its sights on the premium sector of the Indian automobile market. A wide range of its activities include a manufacturing plant at Chennai, a parts warehouse at Mumbai, a training centre at Gurgaon NCR, and dealer organisation across major cities in the country.
Thoughts About Mr Vikram Pawah Becoming President At BMW Group India
Vikram Pawah is the right man to fill the position. He has successfully stood ground in a highly competitive international market, and we're sure he will recreate the success in India. Having said that, the demise of Mr Singh was a shocker for the brand and the entire industry. Our condolences and prayers are with the family.