- 1 hr ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Movies Comedian Rohan Joshi Receives Threats After Old Posts Go Viral, Deactivates Twitter
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
German auto manufacturing giants, BMW Group, has appointed Mr Vikram Pawah as the President at BMW Group India, effective 1 August 2020. The Group said that Mr Pawah will continue with his present role as Chief Executive Office for BMW Group Australia and New Zealand.
Mr Pawah joined the BMW Group during 2017 when he was appointed as BMW Group India's President. He was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer at BMW Group Australia and New Zealand during 2018, and quickly steered BMW into a position of strength in the luxury car segment.
Mr Hendrik von Kuenheim, the Senior Vice President for Region Asia-Pacific, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, at theBMW Group said, "Under the leadership of Mr. Vikram Pawah, BMW Group has successfully stood ground in a fiercely competitive environment and gained significant momentum in both Indian and Australian luxury car markets."
"As a priority market, India presents tremendous potential for future growth and development of the luxury automotive segment. Mr. Pawah brings excellent preconditions to navigate BMW Group India in a challenging business situation due the ongoing corona pandemic. We are confident that his strategic thinking, hands-on approach and ability to drive people will navigate the organisation in these turbulent times," he added.
April 2020 saw the sudden demise of Mr Rudratej Singh, the previous President and Chief Executive Officer at BMW Group India, and created an unprecedented situation for the company. Mr. Arlindo Teixeira, the Chief Financial Officer has been Acting President since.
The company retails BMW, MINI, and Motorrad in the country, and has set its sights on the premium sector of the Indian automobile market. A wide range of its activities include a manufacturing plant at Chennai, a parts warehouse at Mumbai, a training centre at Gurgaon NCR, and dealer organisation across major cities in the country.
Thoughts About Mr Vikram Pawah Becoming President At BMW Group India
Vikram Pawah is the right man to fill the position. He has successfully stood ground in a highly competitive international market, and we're sure he will recreate the success in India. Having said that, the demise of Mr Singh was a shocker for the brand and the entire industry. Our condolences and prayers are with the family.