- 7 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- News Fisherfolk need independent ministry, not just a department: Rahul after PM Modi jibe
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
BMW confirmed the arrival of the 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe in the Indian market last month when both models were listed on the brand's official website. Now, the company has confirmed that the two models will go on sale in India on the 8th of May 2020.
Both models from the brand's 8 series will be launched in India online in a couple of days. The Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe will be available for purchase through the brand's newly introduced ‘Contactless Experience' online retail platform.
The launch of the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe will be the first of multiple online launches from the German luxury carmaker in the Indian market.
The two models have already been listed on the company's official website, with all the details except for the price. Once launched in India, the 8 Series lineup will be the new range-topping four-door Gran Coupe models in BMW India's product portfolio. It will be positioned above the 6 Series Gran Coupe.
The new BMW 8 Series will be offered in two variants: the 840i Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe. The Standard BMW 840i Gran Coupe will come powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-petrol engine, producing 340bhp.
The range-topping M8 Coupe, on the other hand, will be powered by a 4.4-litre V8 twin-turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 625bhp and 750Nm of peak torque. The M8 will come standard with BMW's xDrive four-wheel-drive system, although a pure rear-wheel drive system is available as an option.
Both the BMW 840i and the M8 will also feature a host of features and equipment, along with a bunch of optional packages as well. The BMW M8 Coupe could also receive additional driver's packages and customisation options as well.
Thoughts On The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe & M8 Coupe Launching In India
The BMW 8 Series once launched in India, will be the range-topping models in the German brand's sedan lineup. Once introduced in the Indian market, both models will demand a high price tag ranging between Rs 1.50 crore for the 840i and over Rs 2 crore for the M8 Coupe. Both are ex-showroom and before adding any optional equipment.