- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
BMW confirmed the arrival of the 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe in the Indian market last month when both models were listed on the brand's official website. Now, the company has confirmed that the two models will go on sale in India on the 8th of May 2020.
Both models from the brand's 8 series will be launched in India online in a couple of days. The Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe will be available for purchase through the brand's newly introduced ‘Contactless Experience' online retail platform.
The launch of the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe will be the first of multiple online launches from the German luxury carmaker in the Indian market.
The two models have already been listed on the company's official website, with all the details except for the price. Once launched in India, the 8 Series lineup will be the new range-topping four-door Gran Coupe models in BMW India's product portfolio. It will be positioned above the 6 Series Gran Coupe.
The new BMW 8 Series will be offered in two variants: the 840i Gran Coupe and the M8 Coupe. The Standard BMW 840i Gran Coupe will come powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-petrol engine, producing 340bhp.
The range-topping M8 Coupe, on the other hand, will be powered by a 4.4-litre V8 twin-turbocharged petrol engine. It produces 625bhp and 750Nm of peak torque. The M8 will come standard with BMW's xDrive four-wheel-drive system, although a pure rear-wheel drive system is available as an option.
Both the BMW 840i and the M8 will also feature a host of features and equipment, along with a bunch of optional packages as well. The BMW M8 Coupe could also receive additional driver's packages and customisation options as well.
Thoughts On The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe & M8 Coupe Launching In India
The BMW 8 Series once launched in India, will be the range-topping models in the German brand's sedan lineup. Once introduced in the Indian market, both models will demand a high price tag ranging between Rs 1.50 crore for the 840i and over Rs 2 crore for the M8 Coupe. Both are ex-showroom and before adding any optional equipment.