- 9 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Pakistan drops weapons, cash in J&K via drone; 3 terrorists arrested: Police
- Sports MS Dhoni New Beard Look in IPL 2020: Dhoni sports new beard but retains old magic, grabs two superb catches
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee And Others Help Out Vicky Donor Actor Bhupesh Pandya For Lung Cancer Treatment
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
BMW India has silently updated its website, now listing out the new 8 Series Gran Coupe. This indicates that the new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe could be introduced in the Indian market soon. The new BMW 8 Series already made its first India debut at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2020.
The introduction of the BMW 8 series was expected soon after the launch of the new X7 and the 7 Series. However, with the coronavirus pandemic putting the country under lockdown, we might have to wait a little longer.
The new 8 Series, is offered internationally in three body styles: coupe, convertible and a four-door Gran Coupe. We expect the German brand to bring just the Gran Coupe version to the Indian market, at least initially. BMW might also introduce the Coupe version, however, this will come in the form of the top-spec M8 trim.
Internationally, the BMW 8 Series is offered with a choice of three engine options. This includes the 840i, 850d and the M850i. However, once introduced in India, BMW could bring in just the base 840i variant. This comes with a straight-six turbo-petrol engine producing 340bhp and 500Nm of peak torque.
The top-spec M8 and M8 Competition, on the other hand, are offered with a more powerful 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine with different state-of-tunes. The engine on the standard M8 produces 590bhp while on the M8 Competition it churns out 616bhp.
The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is said to be longer and wider than the standard Coupe. This allows it to come with a four-door configuration with a capacity of seating three people in the second-row. However, BMW themselves state that the second row is suitable for short distances only.
Once introduced in India, the BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe will be positioned above the current flagship sedan, the 7 Series. Once introduced in the Indian market, the new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe will directly take on rivals such as the Porsche Panamera and the upcoming Mercedes-Benz GT 4-door.
Thoughts On The BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe In India
The BMW 8 series is an iconic moniker in the brand's heritage. The new 8 Series continues to pay tribute to the BMW heritage, while also offering a host of modern technology and features as well. Once introduced in India, the new BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 1.5 crore, ex-showroom.