- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will be launched in the Indian market later this year. The upcoming 2 Series will be placed below the current 3 Series model making it the new entry-level sedan for the brand in India.
According to Gaadiwaadi, the upcoming 2-Series Gran Coupe will be available at select dealerships across the country. There are rumours that the pre-booking for the entry-level sedan has started as well. Once launched in India, the 2 Series Gran Coupe is expected to retail at Rs 33 lakh ex-showroom.
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is one of the newest models in the brand's global portfolio. The new 2-Series Gran Coupe made its global debut during November 2019. The sedan is based on the company's modular FAAR platform, with a front-wheel-drive configuration.
The FAAR platform has been derived from the Mini brand which is part of the BMW Group. The company claims the platform will offer a spacious cabin and it also reduces manufacturing cost as well. In comparison, BMW has always been keen on offering their models with rear-wheel-drive, however, it does come with increased manufacturing costs.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe measures 4,526mm in length, 1,800mm in width, 1,420mm in height and features a wheelbase length of 2,670mm. In comparison, the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine which rivals the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe features a longer wheelbase of 59mm.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe borrows its design inspiration from its elder sibling, the 8-Series Gran Coupe. The upcoming sedan features LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, a large kidney grille, LED fog lamps, and a sporty lower intake. At the rear, the sedan features a sloping roofline with a sculpted boot lid, dual exhaust pipes, and LED tail lamps inspired by the 8-Series Gran Coupe, and a host of other features.
On the inside, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will feature two large displays for the instrument cluster and infotainment system, respectively. The sedan is expected to feature the brand's connected technology to control the car via a smartphone application. It is expected to feature BMW's latest iDrive system as well. Other features include rear air-con vents, wireless smartphone charging and much more.
The 2 Series Gran Coupe is expected to be offered with two engine options: the ‘220i' 2.0-litre petrol engine, producing 192bhp, and the ‘220d' 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 190bhp. Both engines will come mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Launching In Indian Market
Luxury carmakers in India are looking to improve their entry-level sedans by offering more space and features buyers in the segment. Once launched, the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe will rival the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine in the Indian market.