- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Review: Do The Changes Justify The Price Upgrade?
- 14 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 100 ES (Electric Start) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 53,920
- 16 hrs ago 2021 TVS Star City+ Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,465
- Movies Jagame Thandhiram: The Dhanush Project Is Not Getting A Netflix Release On March 26
- Technology Reliance Digital March Sale: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- News Manipur’s news website becomes first target of new rules on digital media, later withdrawn
- Sports Olympic Council of Asia and AESF introduces the ‘Road to Asian Games’ Campaign for 2022 Asian Games
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Finance Spectrum Auction: Airtel To Deliver 5G Services In Future
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will be launched in the Indian market later this year. The upcoming 2 Series will be placed below the current 3 Series model making it the new entry-level sedan for the brand in India.
According to Gaadiwaadi, the upcoming 2-Series Gran Coupe will be available at select dealerships across the country. There are rumours that the pre-booking for the entry-level sedan has started as well. Once launched in India, the 2 Series Gran Coupe is expected to retail at Rs 33 lakh ex-showroom.
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is one of the newest models in the brand's global portfolio. The new 2-Series Gran Coupe made its global debut during November 2019. The sedan is based on the company's modular FAAR platform, with a front-wheel-drive configuration.
The FAAR platform has been derived from the Mini brand which is part of the BMW Group. The company claims the platform will offer a spacious cabin and it also reduces manufacturing cost as well. In comparison, BMW has always been keen on offering their models with rear-wheel-drive, however, it does come with increased manufacturing costs.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe measures 4,526mm in length, 1,800mm in width, 1,420mm in height and features a wheelbase length of 2,670mm. In comparison, the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine which rivals the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe features a longer wheelbase of 59mm.
The BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe borrows its design inspiration from its elder sibling, the 8-Series Gran Coupe. The upcoming sedan features LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, a large kidney grille, LED fog lamps, and a sporty lower intake. At the rear, the sedan features a sloping roofline with a sculpted boot lid, dual exhaust pipes, and LED tail lamps inspired by the 8-Series Gran Coupe, and a host of other features.
On the inside, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will feature two large displays for the instrument cluster and infotainment system, respectively. The sedan is expected to feature the brand's connected technology to control the car via a smartphone application. It is expected to feature BMW's latest iDrive system as well. Other features include rear air-con vents, wireless smartphone charging and much more.
The 2 Series Gran Coupe is expected to be offered with two engine options: the ‘220i' 2.0-litre petrol engine, producing 192bhp, and the ‘220d' 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 190bhp. Both engines will come mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Launching In Indian Market
Luxury carmakers in India are looking to improve their entry-level sedans by offering more space and features buyers in the segment. Once launched, the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe will rival the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine in the Indian market.