- 4 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 21 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 22 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- News Gujarat seer Mahamandaleshwar Bharti Bapu dies at 93; PM Modi condoles
- Movies Composer Sajid Khan Reveals Wife Lubna Donated Her Kidney To Ailing Brother-In-Law Wajid Khan In 2019
- Sports IPL 2021: Royals hope to benefit from Sangakkara's experience
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
BMW India has launched their first-ever 2 Series Gran Coupe in the Indian market. The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe in India will initially be offered in two variants: 220d Sport Line & 220d M Sport, with an introductory starting price of Rs 39.3 lakh and Rs 41.4 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for the new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe have already begun, with deliveries for the same said to begin shortly. Bookings can be made either online or by visiting the brand's showroom across India. The BMW 2 Series similar to some of its larger siblings will be assembled at the brand's facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
The new 2 Series Gran Coupe is now the brand's entry-level sedan offering in the Indian market, positioned below the 3 Series. The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is based on the brand's FAAR platform and comes with a front-wheel-drive configuration.
Talking about the design, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe seems to have borrowed styling cues from its larger sibling, the 8 Series Gran Coupe. The new 2 Series comes with a large kidney grille at the front, flanked on either side by full-LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs.
Other exterior design elements also include the stylish alloy wheels, frameless doors, extended LED taillights similar to that on the 8 Series and a sloping roofline, indicating its ‘Coupe' nature.
Inside, the BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe comes packed with features, equipment and technology. This includes the two large displays, one for the instrument cluster and the other for the infotainment system, rear AC vents, panoramic sunroof, wireless charging, ambient lighting and many more.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"The first-ever BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé brings BMW's successful four-door coupé concept into the segment for the first time. The car injects a fresh dose of individuality, aesthetic appeal and emotional engagement to everyday usability. Driving enthusiasts will experience a new interpretation of sheer driving pleasure in this power-packed model resonating the true BMW DNA."
"As the latest BMW, the first-ever BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé will attract newer target groups who aspire for a stylish and luxurious entry into the world of BMW and value performance and quality above all. This car is an irresistible choice for individuals who live life to the fullest."
The new BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe will initially be available with just a single 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 190bhp and 400Nm of peak torque, mated to an automatic transmission unit.
The company has also confirmed that a petrol-powered version of the 2 Series Gran Coupe is in the pipelines for a slightly later launch. BMW claims that the new 2 Series Gran Coupe currently offers the best performance in the segment, while also stating a 0 - 100km/h time of 7.5 seconds.
Thoughts On The New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe is now the entry-level offering from the German brand in the Indian market. The new 2 Series Gran Coupe will rival the likes of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan once launched in the Indian market.