- 12 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 12 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Chennai-based commercial vehicles manufacturer BharatBenz has announced an extension of warranty and free service period, in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent lock down.
Customers of its Daimler India Commercial Vehicles division can breathe easy as the company announced a two month extension for both warranty and free service periods for vehicles whose warranty and free services expire between 15 March and 15 May.
Satyakam Arya, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Daimler India Commercial Vehicles said, "Even during the lock down, some of our BharatBenz customers are transporting essential commodities in order to support the community. To support them in turn, we decided to extend both service and warranty repairs by two months."
The company has also extended immediate support for all BharatBenz truck drivers who are stuck at places away from home. The initiative has been taken up in association with the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
To avail the support that has been extended, stranded drivers have to dial a helpline number, and request for basic support. The information is then passed on to the nearest HPCL team, who in turn contact the driver and provide necessary assistance.
In addition to the extension of warrant & free service periods, and BharatBenz driver support, the company has also extended support services t the government.
Chennai based BharatBenz has pledged an undisclosed amount in cash donations to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund at Tamil Nadu, and to the PM CARES fund.
BharatBenz has also proactively been involved in donating high-technology ventilators, personal protection kits, face masks, and hand sanitizers to local medical personnel, to charity trusts, and other government administrative departments.
Thoughts About BharatBenz Extending Warranty And Free Service Periods For Its Commercial Vehicle Customers
This is fantastic news and we're certain that all truckers and truck owners must be relieved. To lose out on warranty and free service periods must be painful simply because of the costs involved. In addition to the costs, there isn't any flow of income at the moment — at least not as much as say a few months ago. Kudos to BharatBenz for stepping up to help their own.