- 8 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 24 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 1 day ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Appears On The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Says Nick Jonas Is Super Fancy And A Lot Neater Than Her
- News Farmers' protest: 'They broke pre-decided conditions for parade, many policemen injured', says Delhi Police
- Sports Two UAE players found guilty of trying to fix matches, suspended by ICC
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
The three-wheeler passenger carrier segment of the Indian market, better known as autorickshaws have suffered a massive decline in sales in April-October 2020, compared to the same period in 2019.
The segment has fallen by 85 per cent, registering just 49,544 units of total sales, compared to 3.30 lakh units of sales during the period of April - October 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown has taken away a major chunk of the sales, with the segment struggling to get back to normal. This along with the increase in demand for personal mobility is said to have further dented the sales in the segment.
|Rank||OEM||Model||April-October 2020||April-October 2019||Percentage|
|11||Scooters India||Vidyut Passenger||11||0||-|
|13||Scooters India||Vikram 450D||0||544||-100%|
|15||Scooters India||Vikram 1500CG||0||111||-100%|
|16||Scooters India||Vikram 750D AC||0||697||-100%|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Bajaj has managed to dominate the sales in the segment, with its RE and Maxima offerings. What is interesting to see is that the sales of the Bajaj RE alone in April-October 2019 is 3 times more than the total segment sales in 2020. The Bajaj RE registered 16,363 units of sales between the April-October 2020 period, with its sibling, the Maxima coming in second with a little over 12,000 units of sales.
The Piaggio models Ape Auto and Ape City come in third and fourth, respectively. The Piaggio Ape Auto registered 6,492 units and the Ape City recorded 4,224 units of sales during the period. TVS King 4S with 3,591 units of sales completes the top-five three-wheeler models in India between the April-October 2020 sales period.