- 59 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Movies Thalapathy Vijay’s Remuneration For His Tollywood Debut Film Will Amaze You
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The premium hatchback segment offers a number of popular offerings in the Indian market. The segment is led by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, which is also the second best-selling car in the country, for the month of November 2020.
The premium hatchback segment in India during November 2020 registered a total of 38,553 units of sales, which is a 15 per cent growth compared to the same month last year, with 33,481 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno dominates the segment, bringing in the highest volume of 17,872 units last month. However, in a yearly comparison, sales of the Baleno have dropped marginally from 18,047 units in November 2019.
Behind the Maruti Baleno is the Hyundai i20 in second place. Hyundai introduced the new-generation i20 premium hatchback in the Indian market last month, which has received an overwhelming response.
During the month of November 2020, the i20 hatchback registered 9,096 units of sales; a drop of 13 per cent from 10,446 units during the same month last year. However, we expect these numbers to significantly improve in the coming months.
Taking third position on the list is the Tata Altroz. The premium hatchback offering from Tata Motors registered 6,260 units of sales. The Tata Altroz has been slowly gaining momentum in the segment, especially with its impressive Global NCAP safety ratings, where it secured 5-stars.
The Tata Altroz overtook the sales of the Toyota Glanza premium hatchback. The Toyota Glanza, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Baleno registered 2,428 units of sales last month. This is still a 5 per cent growth in its yearly sales from November 2019, which stood at 2,313 units.
The Ford Freestyle registered a surprising growth of a massive 79 per cent in November 2020. The Ford Freestyle's sale which stood at 632 units in November 2019, improved massively to register 1,134 units last month.
The Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz completed the final positions on the list. The Volkswagen Polo registered a 34 per cent decline with 1,130 units of sales, while the Honda Jazz recorded 664 units of sales, both in the month of November 2020.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Premium Hatchback In India For November 2020
The premium hatchback segment in the Indian market witnessed a relatively positive growth in the previous month. With the introduction of the new Hyundai i20, we expect the numbers to grow even further in the coming months as well.