- 49 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
The premium hatchback segment offers a number of popular offerings in the Indian market. The segment is led by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, which is also the second best-selling car in the country, for the month of November 2020.
The premium hatchback segment in India during November 2020 registered a total of 38,553 units of sales, which is a 15 per cent growth compared to the same month last year, with 33,481 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno dominates the segment, bringing in the highest volume of 17,872 units last month. However, in a yearly comparison, sales of the Baleno have dropped marginally from 18,047 units in November 2019.
Behind the Maruti Baleno is the Hyundai i20 in second place. Hyundai introduced the new-generation i20 premium hatchback in the Indian market last month, which has received an overwhelming response.
During the month of November 2020, the i20 hatchback registered 9,096 units of sales; a drop of 13 per cent from 10,446 units during the same month last year. However, we expect these numbers to significantly improve in the coming months.
Taking third position on the list is the Tata Altroz. The premium hatchback offering from Tata Motors registered 6,260 units of sales. The Tata Altroz has been slowly gaining momentum in the segment, especially with its impressive Global NCAP safety ratings, where it secured 5-stars.
The Tata Altroz overtook the sales of the Toyota Glanza premium hatchback. The Toyota Glanza, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Baleno registered 2,428 units of sales last month. This is still a 5 per cent growth in its yearly sales from November 2019, which stood at 2,313 units.
The Ford Freestyle registered a surprising growth of a massive 79 per cent in November 2020. The Ford Freestyle's sale which stood at 632 units in November 2019, improved massively to register 1,134 units last month.
The Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz completed the final positions on the list. The Volkswagen Polo registered a 34 per cent decline with 1,130 units of sales, while the Honda Jazz recorded 664 units of sales, both in the month of November 2020.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Premium Hatchback In India For November 2020
The premium hatchback segment in the Indian market witnessed a relatively positive growth in the previous month. With the introduction of the new Hyundai i20, we expect the numbers to grow even further in the coming months as well.