- 17 min ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Cuts Abhinav Shukla’s Undergarments In Viral Video; Is Her Love Turning Into Obsession?
- News BJP MLA slams Congress, blames Sonia Gandhi, Rahul for tractor parade violence
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Not Increase Tariff Prices Due To Less User Additions
- Finance Auto Shares Decline As Govt Proposes Green Tax On Old Vehicles
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Give Picture Perfect Poses On Their Mehendi Ceremony In Pristine White Outfits
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
The MPV segment in India has managed to remain mostly stagnant in terms of its yearly sales report. The segment registered just a marginal growth of 3 per cent with 26,667 units of sales in November 2020; an increase from 25,884 units in the same month of 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga continues to lead the segment. The popular MPV registered 9,557 units of sales in the previous month, which is an impressive 27 per cent growth from 7,537 units of sales in November 2019.
Following the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the workhorse from Mahindra, the Bolero. The MUV which has been on sale in India for quite a few years now continues to register high sales, with November being no different. The Mahindra Bolero last month registered an 18 per cent Y-o-Y sales with 6,055 units; an increase from 5,127 units in November 2019.
The Renault Triber has become an extremely popular model in the market. The compact sub-4 metre MPV offering has taken everyone's fancy, managing to secure the third position on the list. The Triber did manage sales of 4,809 units in November 2020, however, this is a 21 per cent decline compared to 6,071 units from the same month last year.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 — the more premium six-seater version of the Ertiga MPV occupies the fourth position. The XL6 MPV registered 3,388 units of sales last month, a 54 per cent growth in its Y-o-Y sales from 2,195 units in November 2019. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and XL6 together contribute to 48 per cent of the total sales in the MPV segment.
The Toyota Innova Crysta completes the all-important top five in the table. The popular MPV from the Japanese brand has registered a 36 per cent decline in its sales, falling from 3,414 units in November 2019 to 2,192 units last month. However, with Toyota introducing a facelift version of the Innova Crysta, they will be hoping to improve its sales in the coming months.
|5||Toyota Innova Crysta||2,192||3,414||-36|
Below the Toyota Innova Crysta is the premium Kia Carnival MPV. The premium offering from Kia Motors has managed to receive a good response in the Indian market, ever since its launch at the 2020 Auto Expo. The Kia Carnival has registered 400 units of sales in the previous month, which is impressive considering its price tag which is close to Rs 28 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Carnival MPV has even gone on to overtake sales of the Mahindra Marazzo. The MPV from Mahindra managed to register just 226 units; a 78 per cent drop in sales compared to November 2019.
The Toyota Vellfire and the Datsun GO+ MPVs feature at the bottom with 23 and 17 units of sales, respectively. It is interesting to see that the Vellfire, which has a price tag of close to Rs 1 crore has managed to register a relatively good sales number.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling MPV List For November 2020
The MPV segment has in a way remained stagnant in terms of overall yearly-sales figures. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the XL6 continue to bring in the significant part of the total volume in the segment month-on-month.