- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 16 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Uttar Pradesh corona curfew extended till May 17
- Sports IPL 2021: Punjab Kings domestic team members reach home safely, confirm franchise
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan Looks Gorgeous In Her Festive-Perfect Mulmul Kurta Set; Know The Price!
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Sugar Stocks Could See A Solid Rally
- Movies Mother’s Day EXCLUSIVE! Abhishek To Mayuri; TV Celebs Share Sweetest Things They Did For Their Mom
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The MPV segment in India has managed to remain mostly stagnant in terms of its yearly sales report. The segment registered just a marginal growth of 3 per cent with 26,667 units of sales in November 2020; an increase from 25,884 units in the same month of 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga continues to lead the segment. The popular MPV registered 9,557 units of sales in the previous month, which is an impressive 27 per cent growth from 7,537 units of sales in November 2019.
Following the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the workhorse from Mahindra, the Bolero. The MUV which has been on sale in India for quite a few years now continues to register high sales, with November being no different. The Mahindra Bolero last month registered an 18 per cent Y-o-Y sales with 6,055 units; an increase from 5,127 units in November 2019.
The Renault Triber has become an extremely popular model in the market. The compact sub-4 metre MPV offering has taken everyone's fancy, managing to secure the third position on the list. The Triber did manage sales of 4,809 units in November 2020, however, this is a 21 per cent decline compared to 6,071 units from the same month last year.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6 — the more premium six-seater version of the Ertiga MPV occupies the fourth position. The XL6 MPV registered 3,388 units of sales last month, a 54 per cent growth in its Y-o-Y sales from 2,195 units in November 2019. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and XL6 together contribute to 48 per cent of the total sales in the MPV segment.
The Toyota Innova Crysta completes the all-important top five in the table. The popular MPV from the Japanese brand has registered a 36 per cent decline in its sales, falling from 3,414 units in November 2019 to 2,192 units last month. However, with Toyota introducing a facelift version of the Innova Crysta, they will be hoping to improve its sales in the coming months.
|5||Toyota Innova Crysta||2,192||3,414||-36|
Below the Toyota Innova Crysta is the premium Kia Carnival MPV. The premium offering from Kia Motors has managed to receive a good response in the Indian market, ever since its launch at the 2020 Auto Expo. The Kia Carnival has registered 400 units of sales in the previous month, which is impressive considering its price tag which is close to Rs 28 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Carnival MPV has even gone on to overtake sales of the Mahindra Marazzo. The MPV from Mahindra managed to register just 226 units; a 78 per cent drop in sales compared to November 2019.
The Toyota Vellfire and the Datsun GO+ MPVs feature at the bottom with 23 and 17 units of sales, respectively. It is interesting to see that the Vellfire, which has a price tag of close to Rs 1 crore has managed to register a relatively good sales number.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling MPV List For November 2020
The MPV segment has in a way remained stagnant in terms of overall yearly-sales figures. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the XL6 continue to bring in the significant part of the total volume in the segment month-on-month.