- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
The list of India's best-selling hatchbacks for the month of June 2020 has been released. As per the list, the Maruti Suzuki Alto has become the country's best-selling hatchback for the previous month. The entry-level hatchback registered the highest sales in the country, while its siblings the WagonR & Baleno completed the top-three.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto has been one of the most popular hatchbacks on sale in the Indian market. During the month of June 2020, the Maruti Alto registered 7,298 units of sales to take the title of ‘best-selling hatchback in India'. However, the sales of Maruti Alto has declined by 61 per cent compared to June 2019, when it registered 18,733 units of sales.
The Maruti WagonR came in second registering 6,972 units of sales in the previous month. The tallboy hatchback recorded a yearly sales decline of around 32 per cent from 10,228 units of sales in June 2019.
Completing the top-three was the Maruti Baleno, the brand's premium hatchback offering. The Maruti Baleno registered 4,300 units in June 2020, which is a drop of around 69 per cent from its sales during the same month last year, which stood at 13,689 units.
Fourth on the list is yet another Maruti Suzuki, in the form of the Celerio. The hatchback registered 4,145 units of sales in June 2020, which is a 15% decline compared to the same month in 2019 when sales of the Celerio hatchback stood at 4,871 units.
Completing the top-five is the Tata Tiago hatchback. The Tiago recently received a facelift, giving it a significant number of cosmetic and feature updates in the Indian market. In the month of June 2020, the Tata Tiago registered 4,067 units of sales; a decline of 27% from 5,537 units in the same month last year.
|Rank||Model||June 2020||June 2019||Growth (%)|
|7||Hyundai Grand i10||3,593||6,907||-48|
|10||Hyundai Elite i20||2,718||9,271||-71|
Table Courtesy: GaadiWaadi.com
The Maruti Swift came in sixth on the list with 4,013 units. The popular hatchback registered a massive 75% decline, with sales dropping from over 16,000 units in June 2019. The Hyundai Grand i10 came in seventh, with 3,593 units of sales last month; a 48% drop from 6,907 units in June 2019.
The Maruti S-Presso registered eighth on the list. The crossover hatchback model from Maruti Suzuki registered 3,160 units of sales in the previous month. The S-Presso rivals the likes of the Renault Kwid, which just missed out on the top-10 best-selling hatchback list with 2,441 units in the month of June 2020.
Finishing the top-10 are two premium hatchback models, the Tata Altroz and the Hyundai Elite i20. The Tata Altroz registered 3,104 units while the Hyundai Elite i20 recorded 2,718 units of sales to occupy the ninth and tenth position, respectively.
Thoughts About The Best-Selling Hatchbacks In India For June 2020
The sales in the Indian market seem to be steadily on the rise, with manufacturing witnessing a good demand post the COVID-19 lockdown in the country. However, there is still a long way to go for manufacturers to get back to near-normalcy in terms of sales numbers, with sales numbers still down compared to the previous years.