- 1 hr ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- Movies Hansika Motwani Recreates Hilarious Meme On Rakhi Sawant From Bigg Boss 14 By Yashraj Mukhate
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs SRH: Nitish Rana and secret of 'Brown Munde' celebration after 50 for Kolkata Knight Riders
- News Sharad Pawar undergoes gall bladder surgery in Mumbai
- Technology DoT Issues Show-Cause Notice To Vi Over Licence Fee Dues
- Finance Bank Holidays April! Banks to Remain Closed From Tomorrow in These Cities
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
The list of best-selling cars in India for the month of September 2020 has been released. As seen from the list, the Maruti Suzuki Swift continues to lead, registering the highest sales figures for the second month in a row. The popular entry-level hatchback, the Maruti Suzuki Alto has been moved to third position, with the premium Baleno occupying the second place.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has occupied the top-slot for the second month in a row. The third-generation Swift hatchback registered 22,643 units of sales in the month of September 2020, which is a massive 75% growth compared to its 12,934 units of sales during the same month last year.
Following the Swift is the brand's premium hatchback offering, the Suzuki Baleno. Sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships, the Baleno hatchback has registered 19,433 units of sales in the previous month. This is a 70% improvement in sales, compared to September 2019 when it sold 11,420 units.
The popular entry-level hatchback, the Maruti Suzuki Alto comes in third position. The Alto hatchback registered a 21% growth in its yearly sales registering 18,246 units in the previous month, compared to 15,079 units in September 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR sits just below the top-3 in fourth position. The tall-boy hatchback registered a yearly sales growth of 50% in the month of September with 17,581 units of sales. The hatchback during the same month last year, recorded 11,757 units.
The top-5 selling cars list was completed by the Maruti Suzuki Dzire. The compact-sedan from the carmaker registered 13,988 units of sales in September 2020, which is a decline of 11% compared to last year when it recorded a slightly higher 15,662 units of sales.
|8||Hyundai Grand i10||10,385||9,358||11|
|10||Hyundai Elite i20||9,852||10,141||-3|
|12||Maruti Vitara Brezza||9,153||10,362||-12|
|24||Toyota Innova Crysta||4,087||4,225||-3|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Breaking the Maruti Suzuki dominance in the top-10 list is the Hyundai Creta which occupies the sixth position on the list. The best-selling SUV in the Indian market, the Creta registered 12,325 units of sales in the previous month; this is a growth of 86% compared to September 2019 when the SUV recorded just a little over 6,600 units of sales.
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco and the Ertiga MPV are also in the top-10 and occupy seventh and ninth position, respectively. The two Maruti Suzuki Eeco which sold 11,220 units and the Ertiga which registered 9,982 units are separated by the Hyundai i10 Grand in eighth place with 10,385 units.
The Hyundai i20 Elite completes the top-10 list with sales of 9,852 units in the previous month. This is a slight decline of 3% compared to its September 2019 sales of 10,141 units. The Kia Sonet which was launched last month, has managed to register 9,266 units of sales, just missing out on the top-10 list.
Thoughts On The Top-10 Selling Cars In India For September 2020
While Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the sales rankings month-on-month, Hyundai and Kia are seem to be the only other brand's offering some sort of competition. With Kia Sonet registering over 9,000 units of sales in just 12 days, it will be interesting to see how it fares over the entire month of October.