- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- 16 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 19 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 24 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Debuts With SD870, 65W Charging; India Launch Date, Price
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT Winner Divya Agarwal Lands A Role In Prabhas Starrer Salaar?
- Lifestyle Radhika Madan Gives Us 3 Awesome Party Outfit Goals; Which Attire Did You Like The Most?
- News UK govt approves Covishield as qualified vaccine for travel amid row over discrimination
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs KKR: Preview, Date, IST time, Live telecast, Live streaming details
- Finance Nifty Realty Gains 8.5%; Godrej Properties, Sunteck, Brigade Hit Fresh 52 Week High
- Education AP PGECET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check AP PGECET Hall Ticket 2021 Download Link
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
The list of best-selling cars in India for the month of September 2020 has been released. As seen from the list, the Maruti Suzuki Swift continues to lead, registering the highest sales figures for the second month in a row. The popular entry-level hatchback, the Maruti Suzuki Alto has been moved to third position, with the premium Baleno occupying the second place.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has occupied the top-slot for the second month in a row. The third-generation Swift hatchback registered 22,643 units of sales in the month of September 2020, which is a massive 75% growth compared to its 12,934 units of sales during the same month last year.
Following the Swift is the brand's premium hatchback offering, the Suzuki Baleno. Sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships, the Baleno hatchback has registered 19,433 units of sales in the previous month. This is a 70% improvement in sales, compared to September 2019 when it sold 11,420 units.
The popular entry-level hatchback, the Maruti Suzuki Alto comes in third position. The Alto hatchback registered a 21% growth in its yearly sales registering 18,246 units in the previous month, compared to 15,079 units in September 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR sits just below the top-3 in fourth position. The tall-boy hatchback registered a yearly sales growth of 50% in the month of September with 17,581 units of sales. The hatchback during the same month last year, recorded 11,757 units.
The top-5 selling cars list was completed by the Maruti Suzuki Dzire. The compact-sedan from the carmaker registered 13,988 units of sales in September 2020, which is a decline of 11% compared to last year when it recorded a slightly higher 15,662 units of sales.
|8||Hyundai Grand i10||10,385||9,358||11|
|10||Hyundai Elite i20||9,852||10,141||-3|
|12||Maruti Vitara Brezza||9,153||10,362||-12|
|24||Toyota Innova Crysta||4,087||4,225||-3|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
Breaking the Maruti Suzuki dominance in the top-10 list is the Hyundai Creta which occupies the sixth position on the list. The best-selling SUV in the Indian market, the Creta registered 12,325 units of sales in the previous month; this is a growth of 86% compared to September 2019 when the SUV recorded just a little over 6,600 units of sales.
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco and the Ertiga MPV are also in the top-10 and occupy seventh and ninth position, respectively. The two Maruti Suzuki Eeco which sold 11,220 units and the Ertiga which registered 9,982 units are separated by the Hyundai i10 Grand in eighth place with 10,385 units.
The Hyundai i20 Elite completes the top-10 list with sales of 9,852 units in the previous month. This is a slight decline of 3% compared to its September 2019 sales of 10,141 units. The Kia Sonet which was launched last month, has managed to register 9,266 units of sales, just missing out on the top-10 list.
Thoughts On The Top-10 Selling Cars In India For September 2020
While Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the sales rankings month-on-month, Hyundai and Kia are seem to be the only other brand's offering some sort of competition. With Kia Sonet registering over 9,000 units of sales in just 12 days, it will be interesting to see how it fares over the entire month of October.