- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The list of the top 10 best-selling cars in India for the month of October 2020 has been released. The list showcases the continuing domination of Maruti Suzuki, occupying seven of the ten positions, with the Swift hatchback retaining the top-slot for yet another consecutive month.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has registered the highest sales figures in the month of October 2020 to retain the title of ‘India's best-selling car'. The hatchback registered 24,589 units of sales last month, improving from 22,643 units sold in September 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno also has retained its position on the list for a consecutive time. The Baleno premium hatchback registered 21,971 units of sales in October 2020, which again is a month-on-month improvement from September when it sold a little over 19,000 units. The Suzuki Baleno is the brand's premium hatchback offering, available exclusively via the brand's NEXA dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR occupies the third position on the list for October 2020. The WagonR tall-boy model with 18,703 units of sales, overtook its sibling, the Alto which held the third spot in September.
The Maruti Alto entry-level hatchback, once the best-selling hatchback in the country seems to be dipping in sales slightly. After losing out to the Swift and Baleno in September, the hatchback has now been overtaken by the WagonR as well. The Alto during the month of October registered 17,850 units.
The top-5 positions on the list are locked out by Maruti Suzuki, with the Dzire occupying the final position. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire in fifth place continues to be the best-selling compact-sedan in the country, with 17,675 units of sales; just a couple hundred short of the Alto.
|7||Hyundai Grand i10||14,003|
Table Source: Autopunditz.com
The Hyundai Creta mid-size SUV occupies the sixth position in the list. The all-new Creta which was launched in India earlier this year, continues to be ranked the best-selling SUV in the country. The Creta in October registered 14,023 units of sales, cementing its position in the top-10 once again.
The Hyundai i10 Grand/NIOS comes in the seventh position, behind the Creta SUV. The Hyundai i10 hatchback, consisting of both the Grand and NIOS models registered 14,003; just 20 units short of the Creta.
Eighth and ninth position on the list is again occupied by Maruti Suzuki models with the Eeco and Vitara Brezza, respectively. While the Maruti Eeco recorded 13,309 units of sales, the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV registered 12,087 units for the month of October 2020.
The final position on the list has been occupied by the Kia Sonet. The model is the brand's first compact-SUV offering in the Indian market and seems to have gotten off to a flying start. The Kia Sonet has registered 11,721 units of sales in the month of October 2020.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Cars In India For October 2020
The Maruti Suzuki Swift continues to retain the best-selling car title in the Indian market for yet another consecutive month. However, the highlight is definitely the entry of the Kia Sonet onto the list. With the festive season now in high fervour, it will be interesting to see how sales numbers change for this month.